Friday, February 28, 2020

Friday after Ash Wednesday

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Seek good and not evil so that you may live,
and the Lord will be with you. AM5:14



ISAIAH 58:1-9A
PSALM 51:3-6, 18-19
MATTHEW 9:14-15


ISAIAH 58:1-9A

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Every year we fast during the season of Lent, we give up certain foods and drink and that is about as far as we go. We begin to feel virtuous that we have managed to stick it out for the duration of Lent. Today, the prophet tells us that such a fast is not pleasing to You. What God asks of us is to change our ways. He requires us to look at our neighbor in need and to love as He loves. This is the time to mend wounded relationships within our families. This is the time to draw nearer to You in prayer and be drawn closer to You. It is a time to look more closely at our own sinful attitudes and weed them out. If we do this :

Then your light shall break forth like the dawn,
and your wound shall quickly be healed;
Your vindication shall go before you,
and the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer,
you shall cry for help, and he will say: Here I am!



PSALM 51:3-6, 18-19

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Thank You for the healing words of this psalm. Thank You, for Your infinite goodness, compassion, mercy, and love. Thank You for Your willingness to forgive all my sins and to pour upon me Your graces to enable me to overcome my faults my weaknesses, and my concupiscence to sin.

Grant me the grace to make a good confession during this season of Lent in order that I may celebrate the glory of Your Resurrection in which You will graciously allow me a share. 

May I never fail to rush to receive Your forgiveness in the Sacrament of Reconciliation whenever I sin so I may never be separated from You.


MATTHEW 9:14-15

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

There is a time to feast and a  time to fast. There is a time to rejoice and a time to mourn. There is a time to laugh and a time to weep. During this season of Lent grant me the grace to look into my life with the help of Your Holy Spirit and weed out all that is displeasing to You. Grant me the grace to look at myself honestly and see what a miserable wretched sinner I am and but for Your grace and help, I would be damned forever.

Thank You for Your Church in whose bosom You have provided all that I need to live a life pleasing to the Father. Thank You for the hope I have that someday I will be united with You forever in the life that You won for me on the Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment