Friday, February 25, 2011

Isaiah 6:8, Sirach 6:5-17, Mark 10:1-12, Psalm 119:12, 1618-27, 34, 35

Daily Mass Readings:   Sirach 6:5-17, Mark 10:1-12, Psalm 119:12, 1618-27, 34, 35
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” I answered, “Here I am. Send me!”  

Beloved, You have called me personally and I have responded to Your invitation to send me.  I ask You to purify and equip me my Lord.  Pour Your Holy Spirit upon me, set my heart on fire so that it is ablaze with love for You.  Empower my words with Your own power Eternal Word.  Take away all that holds me back - fear, lack of confidence, timidity, shyness, selfishness, self-consciousness.  You know best what holds me back from stepping out boldly and witnessing to You.  Grant that I may undertake all that You have planned for me to do in this life.

Sirach 6:14-17
14 The faithful friend is a secure refuge; whoever has found one has found a treas­ure. 15 A faithful friend is beyond all price; hold him as price­less. 16 A faithful friend is a life-saving remedy, and those who fear the Lord will find one.
17 Whoever fears the Lord will make true friends for, as a man is, such will his friend be.

Thank You Beloved for my friends, they are Your gift to me and truly a treasure.

Mark 10: 6-9
But in the beginning of creation God made them male and female, and because of this, man has to leave father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one body. So they are no longer two but one body. Therefore let no one separate what God has joined.”

Beloved, You have raised marriage to a Sacrament because You know that it takes all the grace You make available in order for marriage to reflect the spousal union between You and Your Church.  A husband pours out himself for his wife and his children and a wife in turn responds as only a woman can; with generosity, openness, tenderness and love. She receives all that is given with joy.  She looks at her spouse as the Church looks at You who are her Rock, her Stronghold, her Deliverer and Protector.


No comments:

Post a Comment