Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Tuesday of the Seventh Week of Ordinary Time

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


May I never boast except in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,
through which the world has been crucified to me and I to the world. GAL 6:14


JAMES 4:1-10
PSALM 55:7-10A, 10B-11A, 23
MARK 9:30-37


JAMES 4:1-10


My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Because of original sin, we are all too weak to resist temptation on our own strength. This is why You have sent Your Holy Spirit to dwell in us.  

This Lent Beloved, grant that we may heed the words of St. James:

So submit yourselves to God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you.
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.
Cleanse your hands, you sinners,
and purify your hearts, you of two minds.
Begin to lament, to mourn, to weep.
Let your laughter be turned into mourning
and your joy into dejection.
Humble yourselves before the Lord
and he will exalt you.


PSALM 55:7-10A, 10B-11A, 23


My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Once again the season of Lent is upon us. Grant that I may use this time fruitfully. Grant that I may fly to You and nestle in Your bosom. Teach me, guide me, inspire me, strengthen my resolve to walk in the way of truth and love always. May I never leave this safe harbor but remain hidden in You always.


MARK 9:30-37


My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

In a world where people are always jockeying for the place of prominence, influence, and power, You remind us that God loves the one who is childlike. It is the little ones that have a special place in the Kingdom of God. Grant me a childlike spirit and a willingness to stand firm in my faith in You. To accept my daily cross, and not flinch from the sufferings that I may be called to endure. Yoked to Beloved, You will ensure that the yoke will be easy and the burden light.

No comments:

Post a Comment