Thursday, March 14, 2019

Esther C:12, 14-16, 23-25, Psalm 138:1-3, 7C, 8, Matthew 7:7-12

Thursday of the First Week of Lent

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

A clean heart create for me, O God;
give me back the joy of your salvation. Ps 15:12A, 14A
Esther C:12, 14-16, 23-25, Psalm 138:1-3, 7C, 8, 
Matthew 7:7-12


Esther C:12, 14-16, 23-25

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Multitudes before me and multitudes after me will come to You Beloved, crushed and in anguish and You will come to their aid and help and deliver them from all their troubles. You are God and with You, all things are possible as I have discovered over and over again in my own life. You are the God who is, who was, and who is forever. We are Your people, my Lord, we are the sheep of Your flock and You never abandon those who belong to You, those who are carved on the palm of Your hand, those who are called by Your Name. 

You alone have the power to save us from all evil. You alone have the power to turn our sorrows to joy, our tears to laughter, our mourning to gladness, heal our brokenness and make us whole again. I love You. I believe in You. I place all my hope in You because I trust You.


Psalm 138:1-3, 7C, 8

My Love, Beloved of my soul

Every time I called my Love, You answered me. You are not deaf to my cries. You are filled with pity for me for You know that I am weak and without You, I can do nothing. Thank You for coming to my rescue over and over again. Each time I fell You hastened to lift me up and help me start over.

You are kindness, goodness, patience, and love and You never tire of forgiving me no matter how many time I fail. Thank You for Your strength. Thank You for walking with me. Thank You for being my Friend, my Companion, my Beloved.
Thank You for Your Word that assures me that You will help me along every day I am alive to reach the place that You have prepared for me in eternity, the Kingdom of Heaven. 


Matthew 7:7-12

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank You for the loving words of assurance in the Gospel of today. I thank You for my experience in the past that Your Word is true. How often Beloved, I have discovered that You never deny anyone who comes to You in need. You have never turned me away but have held out Your hand to me and drawn me close to You. You have kept me safe. You have taught me patiently for I have been difficult to teach, I have been thickheaded, slow, stubborn weak but You never grew weary of helping me over and over again. Thank You for never giving up on me.

You have taught me well, Beloved, and I pray that I may always do to others what I would have them do to me. Just as You have never grown weary with my slowness to learn may I too never tire of being patient, gentle, and kind with those I encounter each day beginning with those closest and dearest to me.

Stay with me, Beloved, to the end. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment