Monday, March 11, 2019

Leviticus 9:1-2, 11-18, Psalm 19:8-10, 15, Matthew 25:31-46

Monday, of the First Week of Lent

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Behold, now is a very acceptable time;
behold, now is the day of salvation. 2 Cor 6:2B

Leviticus 9:1-2, 11-18, Psalm 19:8-10, 15, 
Matthew 25:31-46



Leviticus 9:1-2, 11-18

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Today You remind me what is most pleasing in the sight of God. I am called to be holy because You are holy. I am called to be sensitive to those who are spiritually blind and deaf and not put stumbling blocks before them. I am reminded not to listen to slander and gossip and have no part in spreading it either in my community or in my neighbourhood.

I am my brothers' and sisters' keeper and must do all in my power to ensure that they are saved. I am to bear ill will to no one. Carry no grudges. Forgive instantly and completely as I have been forgiven. I am called to love my neighbour as I love as I love myself.

All this needs grace and help Beloved. Pour out Your Holy Spirit on me so I may strive to do all for love of You and for Your greater glory. 


Psalm 19:8-10, 15

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank You for Your Word, for Your Law, for Your Sacraments for they are all life-giving.

Thank You that You did not leave us orphans but gave us Your Own Holy Spirit to live in us and keep us united to You and to the Father.

May my life be pleasing to You Beloved, as I strive with Your help to live united to You and to spread Your light and fragrance in the world. 

Thank You for Your redeeming, saving love.

Matthew 25:31-46

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

In the Liturgy today we read about Your Second Coming in glory to judge the living and the dead. It will be a time of dismay for some and a time of great rejoicing for many.

Your mercy is endless but when You come again we will have to face the final judgment. God has appointed You as the only true, and righteous Judge. 

Grant my Beloved, that as long as we live we may strive to belong to be faithful sheep of Your flock. You have said that whatever we do to the least of our brothers and sisters You consider it as having been done to You because You identify Yourself as one with us. 

Help me to be aware of and sensitive to the needs of those around me. Those who are hurting, those who are lonely, those who are in pain, those who suffer anxiety and depression, those who lack the basic necessities of life, and do what is in my power to help alleviate it. So when You come again I will hear those blessed words,

'Come, you who are blessed by my Father.
Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food,
I was thirsty and you gave me drink,
a stranger and you welcomed me,
naked and you clothed me,
ill and you cared for me,
in prison and you visited me.'

'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did
for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment