Saturday, March 9, 2019

Isaiah 58:9B-14, Psalm 86:1-6, Luke 5:27-32

SATURDAY AFTER ASH WEDNESDAY

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked man, says the Lord,
but rather in his conversion, that he may live. Ez 33:11


Isaiah 58:9B-14, Psalm 86:1-6, Luke 5:27-32


Isaiah 58:9B-14

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Your words today are spirit and life. This is how every disciple is invited to live. We are called to be Your leaven in the world. We are called to be Your light that shines in the dark and illumines the world. If every faithful Christian followed Your precepts as conveyed by the prophet then indeed we would hasten the coming of Your Kingdom on earth. Our world would be one where no one went hungry, naked, in want, without shelter, without the basic necessitates. Everyone would be treated with dignity. All would be loved with a love that is selfless.

If we celebrated as one joyful community all the feasts in the Liturgical Year, if we came together as one family to celebrate the Eucharist not as an obligation, or compulsion, but simply because we love You, and we love each other. If we understood the magnificence of the Gift of the Eucharist then nothing would keep us away. The world would see how blessed the members of Your Body are and all would come to desire what we have and come to know You too.

May those who believe be unafraid to be Your witnesses in the world.


Psalm 86:1-6

My Lord, Beloved of my soul,

You know how needy I am. You are aware that without You I can do nothing. Without the grace You supply I will wither and die.

Thank You for Your assurance that You are with me always, that Your ear is inclined to the sound of my voice and that You hasten to answer me. Thank You for Your assurance of forgiveness of all my sins in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Thank You for always hearing and answering my prayers. 

Luke 5:27-32

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Every disciple hears the same invitation that You extended to Levi, "Follow me." Too often You have to call over and over again because we are too caught up in ourselves and in the distractions of the world to hear You. Even if we do, we drown out Your voice because we are not willing to give up our cheap trinkets for the riches of heaven. 

Levi recognized that he was being invited to a richer life with You and we are too. Thank You for reminding us that You came for the sick, the weak, the outcast, the sinner. Here I am, Beloved, I desire to follow You. Grant me a fresh outpouring of Your Holy Spirit so I may follow You closely from this day forth. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment