Friday, March 15, 2019

Ezekiel 18:21-28, Psalm 130:1-8, Matthew 5:20-26

Friday of the First Week of Lent


Cast away from you all the crimes you have committed, says the LORD, and make for yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. 
Ez 18:31

Ezekiel 18:21-28, Psalm 130:1-8, Matthew 5:20-26


Ezekiel 18:21-28

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Today You remind us through the prophet Ezekiel that we decide whether we live or die by the choices we make. No one can presume that God's mercy will save us if we reject Him and His commandments. People of great virtue who decide to forsake good and taking the path of grave sin die in sin, then they condemn themselves. The opposite is true if one who turns away from evil and embraces a life of grace. He will be forgiven no matter how grave his past offences have been and he will live. We cannot take Your mercy for granted.

You want everyone to live but it is a choice we have to make. When we do, You will give us all the grace and help we need to remain faithful. 


Psalm 130:1-8

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Every time I cried out to You in my wretchedness and misery You hastened to my side and comforted me. You strengthened me. You answered when I called. Thank You for never rejecting me no matter how far I had fallen from the way of goodness.

Thank You, Beloved, for keeping me safe in Your love. Thank You for Your patience with me. Thank You for Your Word which brings life, light, and truth. Thank You for not keeping a record of my sins once You have forgiven me.


Matthew 5:20-26

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Disciples are called to live by a far higher and greater standard than others. A disciple is one who images the Master. He lives the life that the Master has taught by word and by example. We do not measure ourselves against the standards of the world but by heavenly standards. This is why we will be accountable to a greater degree than those in the world.

You remind us today that purgatory and hell are as real as heaven and souls can be cast into the fiery furnace of hell eternally or to purgatory to be purified completely before enjoying the beatific vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment