Thursday, February 28, 2019

Sirach 5:1-8, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Mark 9:41-50

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Receive the word of God, not as the word of men,
but as it truly is, the word of God. 1 Thes 2:13


Sirach 5:1-8, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Mark 9:41-50


Sirach 5:1-8

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Sirach, the writer of today's First Reading, reminds us not to be guilty of the sin of presumption. He warns us that although You are a God of love and mercy, kindness and compassion, and that You take pity on the sinner yet, we cannot take Your love and forgiveness for granted. 

To be forgiven of our sins we must first acknowledge that we are sinners, repent of our sins, beg for mercy and forgiveness, make reparation for the harm we have done, and resolve with Your help to sin no more.

Thank You, Beloved, for the gift of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Thank You for the Cross. Thank You for taking upon Yourself the punishment that was mine and for obtaining for me the hope of eternal salvation.


Psalm 1:1-4, 6

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for writing Your Law of Love on my heart. Thank You for the gift of Yourself to me in a communion of intimacy and love at every Eucharist.

Thank You, making me a member of Your Body. Thank You, that You are the vine and I am a branch of the vine. Thank You, for the Life of the Spirit that flows from You to me. Thank You, that You make me fruitful with good fruit that will last. Thank You, for all that You make possible through me because I belong to You. Above all, Beloved, thank You, for the hope that I have in You.


Mark 9:41-50

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

We are called to love one another and to look out for each other. We are called to a life of service only then will be able to realize the true purpose for which we were created. To love You above and before all else, to serve You, to find happiness in You and to love my neighbour as I love myself.

I am called to be witness to Your love wherever I am. If however, I am a source of scandal, and I lead others weaker than me into sin then, You warn me that it would be better for me to destroy myself rather than lead Your little ones to destruction. 

There is a hell just as surely as there is a heaven although the world prefers to live in denial. There will be a judgment and there will be the righteous Judge who will pronounce judgement. While we have time, Beloved, grant us the grace to live holy, upright, lives pleasing to both You and to those around us so the peace that You came to give us may flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment