Thursday, October 4, 2018

Job 19:21-27, Psalm 27:7-9, 13-14, Luke 10:1-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Memorial of St. Francis of Assisi

The Kingdom of God is at hand;
repent and believe in the Gospel. Mk1:15
Job 19:21-27, Psalm 27:7-9, 13-14, Luke 10:1-12


Job 19:21-27

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Before all else I want to thank God our Father for creating me, I want to thank Him for giving You to me as my Savior, and I want to thank You for sending Your Holy Spirit to all who believe. I have a glorious destiny and I wait with eager longing for that hour when You will call me the place that God has prepared for me for all eternity.

You are the Rock and the Word of Life I am grafted on to You and I am a member of Your Body. Your Life courses through me and I live because the breath of Your Spirit breathes in me.

Thank You for the glorious destiny that awaits me when I shall close my eyes to this life and open it to behold You my own true God in the next.

Psalm 27:7-9, 13-14

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I believe that Your ear is constantly attuned to the sound of my voice because You love me. Miserable sinner that I am You still care for me and watch over me as tenderly as a mother over her newborn infant. I turn to You as eagerly as a child because I know how much I need You. Without You, Your love, and Your help I will perish. I need You. You have always answered me when I called. Before the words have escaped my lips You have come to my side and lifted me up.

Beloved, we both know I am a sinner. You know better than I how weak I am and how liable to fall prey to temptation. This is why You are always with me to help me. Never ever take Your gaze from me for I will surely perish if You do.

You have been so gracious to me, far more than I have ever deserved and yet I know You do not bless me because of any merit of my own but simply because You are Love.

Keep me always close to Your Sacred Heart and that of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Your Mother and mine.

Luke 10:1-12

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for inviting me to be a disciple. Thank You for my mission. Grant that I take it seriously for there are many who long to know God but have not had anyone tell them about You, the Son of God who saves all who believe in You. This is the Father's will that whoever believes in You will not perish but will have eternal life.

Yes, the harvest is ready and abundant but few are willing to labor in it. There are many that are sick of sin and are longing to be washed clean of all iniquity but do not know the way to You. And there are many more who hate all that is good, pure, and holy and will be willing to annihilate the whole world rather than see good triumph over evil.

Help me to be sensitive to the needs of those who have dedicated their whole lives in service to You and to Your Church. They deserve to be helped no matter how humble the help that I can offer may be.

And above all Beloved, help me to do my own part in establishing Your Kingdom on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment