Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Proverbs 21:1-6, 10-13, Psalm 119:1, 27, 30, 34-35, 44, Luke 8:19-21

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Blessed are those who hear the word of God
and observe it. Lk 11:28


Proverbs 21:1-6, 10-13, Psalm 119:1, 27, 30, 34-35, 44,
Luke 8:19-21


Proverbs 21:1-6, 10-13

Like a stream is the king's heart in the hand of the LORD;
wherever it pleases him, he directs it.

All the ways of a man may be right in his own eyes,
but it is the LORD who proves hearts.

To do what is right and just
is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Haughty eyes and a proud heart–
the tillage of the wicked is sin.

The plans of the diligent are sure of profit,
but all rash haste leads certainly to poverty.

Whoever makes a fortune by a lying tongue
is chasing a bubble over deadly snares.

The soul of the wicked man desires evil;
his neighbor finds no pity in his eyes.

When the arrogant man is punished, the simple are the wiser;
when the wise man is instructed, he gains knowledge.

The just man appraises the house of the wicked:
there is one who brings down the wicked to ruin.

He who shuts his ear to the cry of the poor
will himself also call and not be heard.


Psalm 119:1, 27, 30, 34-35, 44

Guide me, Lord, in the way of your commands.
Blessed are they whose way is blameless,
who walk in the law of the LORD.

Make me understand the way of your precepts,
and I will meditate on your wondrous deeds.

The way of truth I have chosen;
I have set your ordinances before me.

Give me discernment, that I may observe your law
and keep it with all my heart.

Lead me in the path of your commands,
for in it I delight.

And I will keep your law continually,
forever and ever.

Luke 8:19-21

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Your Mama's perfect fiat to the will of God gave us so wondrous a Savior as You. She was the disciple par excellence and we will do well to imitate her virtues.

All of us who desire to be Your disciples have an exemplary role model in our Mother Mary who prays for her children constantly and makes intercession for us with You, her Son.

Today You remind me that it is not enough just to hear Your   Word Beloved, I am called to act on it. I am called to receive it and contemplate on it. I am required to make it the Light by which my way to the Kingdom of God is illumined. Guided by the Light of Your Word I can be certain that You will see me safely home.

No comments:

Post a Comment