Friday, October 5, 2018

Job 38:1, 12-21; 40:3-5, Psalm 139:1-3, 7-8, 9-10, 13-14, Luke 10:13-16

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

If today you hear his voice,
harden not your hearts. Ps 95:8



Job 38:1, 12-21; 40:3-5, 
Psalm 139:1-3, 7-8, 9-10, 13-14, Luke 10:13-16


Job 38:1, 12-21; 40:3-5

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You will always answer those who truly strive to love You sincerely. So often things happen to which we can find no comforting answer but like Job, we can trust that You, our Lord and our God, are always in control. You hold us in the palm of Your hand and You will never forsake those who have placed all their hope and trust in You. 
 

Psalm 139:1-3, 7-8, 9-10, 13-14

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

When I strive after holiness and purity with the help of grace made available to me, then I am glad of Your intimate knowledge of me. I glory in Your closeness and Your awareness of all that happens to me from moment to moment. But like Adam and Eve, when I sin, I want to hide from You. Foolish creature that I am, there is no place where I can go to escape You. 

But I do revel in Your love that cares for me so completely and watches over me more closely than a mother her newborn baby.

Take me by the hand Beloved and lead me all the way to the place where You desire me to be. Amen.
Luke 10:13-16

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Ever since You chose the 12 Apostles, sent out the 72 and then commissioned all Your disciples to go out into the world and spread the Good News of salvation, there have always been missionaries. Many have spent their whole lives to teaching and preaching the Gospel. Many have laid down their lives for it. Many have suffered deprivation, hardship, persecution, sickness but have been faithful to the end. This is why You will be severe with those who have heard but have refused to accept and believe because they preferred a life of the flesh and the world.

You do not mince words Beloved when You tell us the fate of those who having heard the Good News, refuse to believe and be saved.
"Whoever listens to you listens to me.
Whoever rejects you rejects me.
And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me."



No comments:

Post a Comment