Monday, April 23, 2018

Acts 11:1-18, Psalm 42:2-3, 43:3-4, John 10:1-10

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I am the good shepherd, says the Lord;
I know my sheep, and mine know me. Jn 10:14



Acts 11:1-18, Psalm 42:2-3, 43:3-4, John 10:1-10


Acts 11:1-18

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

To this day the Pope is attacked by those who are clueless about the true reasons why he says and does some things sometimes. Today we see how our first Pope, Peter was attacked by the Apostles and disciples. Without first asking him why they confronted him about eating with uncircumcised people. It is we who make divisions and play right into the hands of the Enemy.

If only we first paused to pray, to think that perhaps there is a very good reason for what he said or did before we came out guns blazing with a holier than thou approach, full of unrighteous indignation. It is bad enough that the Church, the hierarchy, and Catholics, in general, are bad-mouthed by the world but for us to be guilty of the same is reprehensible.

Only after hearing Peter's explanation as to why he acted as he did we are told, they stopped objecting and glorified God, saying, "God has then granted life-giving repentance to the Gentiles too."  

If we have at any time pointed long accusing fingers at the Church and especially our Holy Father let us resolve to do so no more. There must be times when he feels lonely and discouraged when everything he says and does is twisted out of context. Let us not be counted among the Pharisees and Scribes of the day rather let us pray for him every day that the Lord may grant him grace and courage to steer the Bark of St. Peter where He wills and not the world.

Psalm 42:2-3, 43:3-4

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Grant me the same grace that the psalmist is praying for to thirst for the life-giving waters that flow from Your Sacred Heart. May I long for You every moment of every day like a deer that yearns for running streams in the time of drought. Grant my Beloved that I may live every moment of every day with a desire to so live my life here on earth that at the end of life's journey I will behold Your Face.

With every reception of the glorious Sacraments You instituted my Beloved, may I be filled with Your light and Your Truth. May Your Holy Spirit lead me moment by moment and may I yield completely to His promptings and guidance even though I may be tempted.

Thank You for the Banquet that You lay out for me every day. Whether I come to the table or not it is there for me and all who believe are welcome to eat and drink of their fill and be satisfied. Thank You Beloved for the hope that someday I will eat and drink at the eternal Banquet of the Bridegroom and the Bride in the Kingdom that is to come.

John 10:1-10

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

More often than not the hired hand who tends the flock is unfaithful. At the first sign of danger, the sheep are abandoned to the wolves and they are scattered. This is why we have so many denominations among Christians. They have abandoned the Good Shepherd, rejected His teachings, interpreted the Word according to the culture of the day, and many have been led astray. 

What is even more agonizing is that often the enemy is within the sheep-fold. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing and he attacks the sheep from within. Every shepherd must faithfully imitate You, our Good Shepherd. Their voice must be Your Voice, familiar and dear, resonating with Truth and Life.

You have given us a way of knowing who the false prophets are by their fruits. You came to give us peace in a world of conflict and to unite us in love to God and to one another anyone whose work is contrary to this goal is the work of the Enemy. 

Grant us the wisdom Beloved not to be taken in by the wiles of Satan but to stay close to the You, our Good Shepherd, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment