Sunday, April 22, 2018

Acts 4:8-12, Psalm 118: 1, 8-9, 21-23, 26, 28-29, 1 John 3:1-2, John 10:11-18

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


GOOD SHEPHERD SUNDAY

I am the good shepherd, says the Lord;
I know my sheep, and mine know me. Jn 10:14



Acts 4:8-12, Psalm 118: 1, 8-9, 21-23, 26, 28-29,
1 John 3:1-2, John 10:11-18


Acts 4:8-12

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Peter is filled with the Holy Spirit and so are all his successors. It is not up to the members of Your Body, the Church, no matter how high they are in the hierarchy or how low, to undermine the authority of Your Vicar on earth. We know that Your prayer for Your Body is unity, You have also said that work of division is the work of Satan and his minions. 

Today, our first Pope reminds us that every good deed, every miracle, is performed in the power of Your Name. It is this Name above every other that has been given to us by which every man, woman, and child is saved.

You are the Stone rejected by the builders. You continue to be rejected to this day even as You were first rejected by Your own people. We crucified You by our sins and You paid the price by taking our place on the Cross. It is You whom God has raised making You the cornerstone of the Church, of the New Jerusalem, of the Kingdom of God on earth.  

Peter does not mince words when he proclaims to the leaders of the people and elders and to the whole world until the end of the world that, "There is no salvation through anyone else,
nor is there any other name under heaven given to the human race by which we are to be saved." We are free to accept this truth or reject it such is the gift of free will granted to us by our loving Father. However, we cannot escape the consequences of such a rejection which is eternal separation from God. 

Psalm 118: 1, 8-9, 21-23, 26, 28-29

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Praise, adoration, thanksgiving, and worship is fitting for hearts that are loyal to You, We ought to be in a constant state of ecstatic praise for You are so gracious, so kind, so merciful.  You have made a place for us in Yourself. We have found our home in Your Heart. We know that anyone who places their trust in You will never be disappointed.


Thank You Beloved for answering every one of my prayers, often not as I may have wished but in a way that was perfect. I am sorry for the many times in my life when I have rejected You. Thank You for not rejecting me and consigning me to hell where I truly belong were it not for grace.

Grant my Beloved that I may always be one with You and that the Holy Spirit may always live in me and I in Him. Keep me safe until You call me home. Thank You.


1 John 3:1-2

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

What a glorious destiny awaits all who believe in You. T

Thank You Holy Spirit for affirming what my Lord and Beloved said to me in His Word to me today.

Thank You Father for loving Me and for adopting me as Your daughter. I know that I do not deserve all You have done for me by creating me and giving me life. I thank You Father that I was born in a Catholic family and that I was given the faith in Baptism and for growing up in the knowledge of Your Son.

Thank You for the inheritance that is mine at the end of my life here on earth and for the glorious destiny that waits for me in Your Kingdom.

John 10:11-18

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

If You were not our Good Shepherd, if You had not laid down Your life for us, we would have perished. Thank You for marking Your sheep with an indelible mark at our Baptism and Confirmation that sealing us in Your Spirit forever. We belong to You and You assure us that not one of those who belong to You will be lost.

Thank You also for Your awesome assurance that all who believe in You will be saved. I have a mission, to bring many more souls along with me to the Kingdom of heaven. Give me an authentic burden to draw as many souls to You. Thank You for the power of Your Resurrection and for the hope that we who are members of Your Body have that we too will receive a share in it on the last day."

No comments:

Post a Comment