Saturday, September 23, 2017

1 Timothy 6:13-16, Psalm 100:1-5, Luke 8:4-15

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Feast of St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina

Blessed are they who have kept the word with a generous heart
and yield a harvest through perseverance. Lk 8:15


1 Timothy 6:13-16, Psalm 100:1-5, Luke 8:4-15

1 Timothy 6:13-16

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

There is only one great commandment love. There is one sure way to eternal life, believing in You and the One who sent You. There is no secret to knowing joy in this world and eternal joy in the next. You are our joy, our peace, our treasure, our hope in the present and in the future, In life and in death. We believe that at the appointed time You will come again our blessed Lord and only ruler, King of kings and Lord of lords. You will come to claim Your Own and we will see You our God as You are, we will become like You, and we will never know sadness again. Maranatha Lord Jesus! Maranatha!

Psalm 100:1-5

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The psalmist knew how to be happy and who was the source of his joy.

We who are called by Your Name are even more blessed than he, for we know You, and we are members of Your Body, we are nourished by Your Flesh and Blood. In fact, we ought to rejoice even more than he for he never tasted the Bread of Angels.

He danced before the Ark, we come before Your Real, Holy Presence in the Blessed Sacrament anytime and adore You. Thank You Father for Your kindness to us poor sinners. Thank You for making provision for us to approach You through Jesus Your Son, thank You for the free gift of Your Holy Spirit who draws us into Your Life.

How blessed we are.

Luke 8:4-15

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The seed of Your Word is always good however the soil of our hearts in which they are scattered can be conducive to receiving it and bearing a rich harvest or it can be received by an unreceptive, cold, indifferent heart. It can be lost deliberately because we have not tended it carefully and allowed it to bear fruit. We have squandered the graces You give us and missed opportunities to be true disciples.

In the end I will be judged by the quality of fruit I have borne as well as the quantity. In the end my carelessness will decide my fate. 

Grant my soul's beloved that the soil of my heart  be rich so when I receive the seed of Your word I may embrace it with a generous and good heart and bear fruit through perseverance." I need help Beloved, I cannot do it on my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment