Sunday, September 24, 2017

Isaiah 55:6-9, Psalm 145:2-3,8-9, 17-18, Philippians 1:20-24-27, Matthew 20:1-16

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Open our hearts, O Lord,
to listen to the words of your Son. Acts 16:14B


Isaiah 55:6-9, Psalm 145:2-3,8-9, 17-18, Philippians 1:20-24-27, Matthew 20:1-16


Isaiah 55:6-9

Dear Love, Beloved bridegroom of my soul,

I can only seek You in faith while I am alive. I am given this short span of life on earth to know You, love and serve You. You are not distant from me, You come to me each day and dine with me and I with You. You ear my prayers, You console me, You make Your home in my poor sinful soul, You help me overcome my weaknesses and to strive after holiness and perfection. Although I stumble and fall several times each day You do not abandon me but remain close encouraging me every step of the way. Help me never to forget that Your way is always better than mine and to say always, "Your will do done."

Psalm 145:2-3,8-9, 17-18

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

How good it is to come n Your Presence every morning and to be blessed by You. I thank You for the many graces You make available to me, The words of wisdom, hope, love, and consolation that strengthen my poor soul and helps me on my journey. Thank You for always being kind, merciful, gracious, tender, compassionate, and forgiving. Thank You for being mindful of my inability to do anything on my own and for lifting me up and doing for me what I am unable to do for myself. Thank You for hastening to my side each time I call, which is often, and for always, always assuring me of Your never ending love for me.

Philippians 1:20-24-27

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

How confident Paul was in his faith and how certain that he mirrored You in his life. In life or in death he was convinced that he magnified You because he relied on You completely. He emptied himself in order so the Holy Spirit could fill him and use him for Your glory. His passion to know You and make You known consumed him. His life was not easy and he knew that death would mean entering into life with You and yet he was prepared to choose living in this world and go on laboring in Your vineyard for the sake of those whom he could assist in the path of holiness. Give me a generous spirit Beloved, that I may seek Your will always, over my own.

Matthew 20:1-16

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Gospel values turns the wisdom of the world on its head. God tells us clearly that it is the meek and humble of heart who will receive a reward. In the world the world tells us that we must seek to promote ourselves, push ourselves to the front of the line, get ahead in the race to grab the best or we will be left behind. The world teaches us to take the best for ourselves in order to be successful. But Your way is so different - You give Your gifts to whoever You choose and the more we allow ourselves to be emptied of our ego and allow the Holy Spirit to take control of our lives, the more we are able to be used by You for Your Kingdom and Your glory.  The first shall be last and the last first is the way God rewards us. To You it does not matter at what hour we come to know You and love You but when we do whether it be at the first hour or the last, Your salvation is freely given to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment