Thursday, September 21, 2017

Ephesians 4:1-7, 11-13, Psalm 19:2-5, Matthew 9:9-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Feast of St. Matthew, Apostle and Evangelist


We praise you, O God,
we acclaim you as Lord;
the glorious company of Apostles praise you.



Ephesians 4:1-7, 11-13, Psalm 19:2-5, Matthew 9:9-13

Ephesians 4:1-7, 11-13

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

What joy it is O Lord to be Your prisoner. Bound to You with chains of love and receiving from You all the grace necessary to be what God created us to be. Filled with the power of the Spirit of God, to go forth into the world boldly as St. Matthew did, and fulfill the destiny that God intended for me. To live a life of holiness and purity and to desire nothing more than this, to make You known and loved so all may come to know the Truth that saves and embrace it.

Grant me O Lord the virtues that will enable me to strive after the things that make for goodness. Grant me humility,gentleness, patience, so that I may bear with my brothers and sisters just as You bear with me. Then will we know peace, the peace that only You can give. Thank You for calling me by name, and for entrusting to me the gift that will in a small measure draw others to You as I in my own little way make You known and loved.

Psalm 19:2-5

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

While it might seem that the world has forgotten You and that it seems hell bent to let go of all principles that Wisdom dictates is folly, destructive, and contrary to God's will and plan God continues to be praised, adored, worshiped and glorified by those who continue to believe, hope, and trust for we know in whom we have placed our faith. We have put our faith in You O Lord, who are our God and who has won the victory and reigns triumphantly in heaven and in the hearts that are Yours and Yours alone.

Matthew 9:9-13

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

How comforting it is to know that You came for sinners like me. Matthew was used to be looked down upon by both Jews and the Romans alike. He congregated with sinners like himself because  the self-righteous would have nothing to do with him and treated him as an outcast.  

Thank You for the invitation to Matthew, "Follow Me." Thank You for grace that enables the sinner to accept Your invitation. Thank You for constantly calling me to be the person that God created me to be and for grace that makes it possible to strive to be holy and perfect. Thank You for the never ending stream of mercy that flows from Your Sacred Heart giving me hope and strength to begin anew each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment