Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Isaiah 25:6-10a, Psalm 23:1-6, Matthew 15:29-37

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 25:6-10a, Psalm 23:1-6, Matthew 15:29-37

Isaiah 25:6-10a

My Beloved, our journey to the Kingdom of God and to You is an ascent.  We still our souls and in silence, we wait for Your Holy spirit to come upon us and lead us onward and upward on His wings.  There my Beloved, You feed us at Your banquet on the finest food and the sweetest drink, Your most precious Body and Blood.  You have destroyed sin and death and You gather Your people from all nations.  

We long for Your second coming my Lord and my God and we await for the fulfillment of Your glorious promises in verses 8-10a 


8 .....and death will be no more. 
The Lord Yahweh will wipe away the tears from all cheeks and eyes; 
he will take away the humiliation of his people all over the world:

for Yahweh has spoken.

On that day you will say: 

This is our God. We have waited for him to save us, 

let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation. 
10 For on this mountain the hand of Yahweh rests.

 
We know You, we love You, we belong to You were are Yours now and forever.

Psalm  23:1-6

You my Beloved, are my Shepherd who loves me, knows me, feeds me, leads me and picks me up when I am weary.  You let me rest in Your arms, You cleanse me and You restore my soul to its former beauty in Confession.  In this life my troubles may be many but You will come to my aid and help me.  I am never alone.  You never let me stray because Your eye is always on me.  Even when I forget You and get lost in the distractions of the world, You never forget me.  You are not afraid to correct me, to give me tough love when I am wrong.  You feed me when I am hungry, You quench my thirst, I feast at Your Banquet on the Bread of Angels and drink Wine sweeter than honey from the honeycomb when I receive You at each Eucharist.

Mercy, goodness and kindness will accompany me wherever I go until at last You take me home to dwell with You forever. 
Matthew 15:29-37

My Beloved, once again You go up the hill and all who are physically ill follow You for healing.  The deaf, the dumb, the blind, the mute, the lame, the paralytic, those sick in mind and soul, those possessed by evil spirits all come to you for healing.  Each You touch and make whole physically and spiritually.  Every physical healing is a signpost  that what You have done for the body You also do for the soul and the spirit.

You feed us with Your Word because more often than not we hunger more for the Truth of Your Word that strengthens, gives hope and increases our faith.  When we approach You with our physical illness, You heal the whole person.  You invite all who follow You to share in Your work of redemption by bringing healing to those who are sick and hope to those who have none, thus we too become partakers of Your goodness and mercy.  You give us a share of Your power and promise that we will do even greater things than You have done for You are now seated in glory at the right hand of Your Father. 

Thank You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment