Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Isaiah 11:1-10, Psalm 72:1-2, 7-8, 12-13, 17 Luke 10:21-24

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 11:1-10, Psalm 72:1-2, 7-8, 12-13, 17 Luke 10:21-24


Isaiah 11:1-10

My Beloved, we need no other when we have a God like You.  A Savior and Redeemer who did not hesitate to come into the world as a helpless baby.  On You the Father's favor rested for You are His well beloved Son and He asks us to listen to You.  Your Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and You have given us this same Spirit.  He is the Spirit who bears gifts and gives them to whoever He wills the gift of Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Power, Knowledge and Fear of the Lord.  He gives right judgment so we too will not judge by appearances.

The poor, meek, weak and needy find a voice and a champion in You.   No one who comes to You returns empty handed.  You are the Prince of peace and Your reign is a reign of justice and peace. No more hatred, wars, jealousy, fear, terror of the night.  We will know You and in knowing You we will know perfect joy.

You were raised high above the earth and all who look upon You are saved.  You make us one with You and one with our brothers and sisters.  You dwell among us and make Your home within us.

Psalm 72:1-2, 7-8, 12-13, 17

You came into the world Son of Justice and every promise made by the Father finds its fulfillment in You. In You my Beloved is our yes and our amen.

Luke 10:21-24

My Beloved, thank You for granting me the gift of being a cradle Catholic and for being raised in the shadow of holy Mother Church.  The Father sent You, in turn, You sent Your Apostles and disciples and now I too am sent.  I have a mission.  I have been given all things for You have made me co-heir by virtue of my baptism.  I am privileged to call Your Father, Abouna.  Your Holy Spirit makes His home in me.   All that the Father has given You and made known to You, has given to me as well.  I am counted among the blessed along with my brothers and sisters in the Church.  I am commissioned to witness to the world what You have done for me so they too may see and hear all that I have been privileged to see and hear because You my Beloved have been exceedingly good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment