Saturday, May 19, 2012

NOVENA TO THE HOLY SPIRIT - SECOND DAY - GALATIANS 4:4-9, JOHN 17:20-23

19th May 2012  

THE JOINT MISSION OF THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT

GALATIANS 4:4-9, 

Do I want to be enslaved to sin or do I want to soar to the highest heavens on the wings of the Holy Spirit of my Beloved Lord?  This is a question I need to answer myself.  Do I want to dredge the bottom of the ocean of weak, impoverished, created things or do I understand who I am -  my dignity as a daughter of the Father because the Spirit of His Son makes me His child and Whom I am now privileged to call Abba - the familiar name that a child calls its father? 

When the Father deemed that the perfect time had come to send His Son in order to reveal Himself to the world, to become tangible and visible to His creatures, prompted by perfect Love the Father sent His Son to us. Responding in perfect love the Son willingly obeyed the Father to become a man like us, subject to the laws of the created world, one like us in all things save sin in order that He may redeem me.  Jesus in turn sent His Own Spirit to live in me in order that I may be adopted in Him as a child of God and thus dare to approach the Father as His child and receive the inheritance that is mine through adoption.  I now receive freely and richly every grace and blessing that is available to the sons and daughters of God through the Sacraments instituted by Him and bestowed on us through His Church.

 JOHN 17:20-23

WOW!! All I can seem to say at this moment is wow.  How awesome.  I was included in this beautiful prayer You prayed to Your father before Your cruel passion leading to Your death and ultimately Your glorious Resurrection and Ascension into Heaven.  I am one in You and in being one with You I am one with the Father.  The same love of the Holy Spirit that binds You to the Father and the Father to You, binds me as well since I am one with You.  I share in Your glory, the same glory the Father has given You.  You promise that I shall reach perfection because I am bound in You, grafted on to You, a member of Your Body and the life of the Holy Spirit that is Yours flows from You to meKnowing and experiencing authentic, divine love why or why do I chase what is only make believe?  Grant me wisdom O Holy Spirit of the Father and the Son - for Jesus' sake Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment