Friday, May 18, 2012

Acts 18:9-18, Psalm 47:2-7, John 16:20-23

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:  Acts 18:9-18, Psalm 47:2-7, John 16:20-23

Acts 18:9-18

Verses 9-10

Do not be afraid M--- Mine for fear paralyses the soul and renders you incapable of walking in the freedom of a child of God who is filled with His Spirit.  Fear clouds the judgment.  Don't ever be afraid of men no matter how intimidating they seem to be.  Stand straight, tall and unafraid for you walk in Truth.

John 16:20-23

Beloved, there is a satisfying sense of accomplishment when one has labored sincerely and one sees the fruit of one's toil.  You have called me and entrusted me with the task of nurturing young souls and preparing them to receive the most awesome Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Communion.  It is a grave responsibility and one that cannot be taken lightly.  Sacrifices must be made, difficulties will most certainly be encountered, there may be times of frustration, times when I will stumble and seem to grope alone in the dark.  Yet, I know that I am never alone.  Help me to be faithful in fulfilling all that You ask of me and my reward will be to rejoice with You Abba Father in the Sweet Name of Jesus.  Give me Your Holy Spirit to remain with me always as my Guide, Consoler, Helper, Comforter and Protector.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment