Friday, May 18, 2012

NOVENA TO THE HOLY SPIRIT FIRST DAY - 1 Corinthians 2:9-12

18th May 2012 

I BELIEVE IN THE HOLY SPIRIT

1 CORINTHIANS 2:9-12

I have received the Spirit of God in Baptism and I have been consecrated and commissioned by this same Spirit to be the bearer of the Good news, to live out my faith boldly and with complete confidence in Him who strengthens and sanctifies me in the Sacrament of Confirmation.  I am sealed in the Holy Spirit who declares that I belong to God because His Spirit abides in me.  I no longer belong to myself but to God.

It is because the Spirit of God dwells in me that I have the grace to see God's purpose in my life.  "Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor has it dawned on the mind what God has prepared for those who love Him."  The Spirit of God probes everything even the fathomless depths of God because He is One with the Father and the Son.  I have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit of God Himself and through this awesome Spirit, I understand what He in His goodness has given me in adopting me as His daughter because I am grafted on to His Son.

Why then have I been swimming in shallow, muddy waters and wallowing in the flesh when I have been given the capacity to soar high on the wings of the eagle and to touch the Face of God in Christ Jesus?  What foolishness is this that I have been indulging in for so long and finding excuses for my foolishness?

Thank You O Holy Spirit for touching me and waking me up from the stupor that has dulled my senses for so long.  Now that I am awake, let me soar with You in order that I might live in the freedom that comes from belonging to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment