Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Acts 17:15, 22-18:1, Psalm 148:1-2, 11-14, John 16:12-15

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:  Acts 17:15, 22-18:1, Psalm 148:1-2, 11-14, John 16:12-15


Acts 17:15, 22-18:1

St. Paul was taught personally by Your Holy Spirit.  The words and the testimony of St. Paul were powered by His Truth and Wisdom.  He was able to express himself lucidly so that his words were able to touch the hearts of those who heard him and to stir their soul to conversion.  He was passionately in love with You and he understood the great mercy that found him and transformed him.  The hope that was in him spurred him to spend his life in spreading Your Gospel.  Grant me my Beloved this same Holy Spirit as I toil doing what You have called me to do quietly but with conviction.  Doing all with His help to make You known and loved as long as I live.


Psalm 148:1-2, 11-14

 Alleluia! Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heavenly heights.
Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his heavenly hosts.
11 Kings of the earth and nations, princes and all rulers of the world, 12 young men and maidens, old and young together – 13 let them praise the name of the Lord.
For his name alone is exalted; his majesty is above earth and heaven.
14 He has given his people glory; he has given a praise to his faithful, to Israel, the people close to him. Alleluia.

John 16:12-15

My Beloved, give me an undying hunger and an unquenchable thirst for Your Holy Spirit.  may I stand before Him in perfect submission - yielding completely and without reserve to all He wishes to accomplish in me and through me.  May I receive all that You desire me to have.  Grant me a full measure of Your Holy Spirit.  I am aware that my capacity to receive is as small as a thimble, even so, fill me to overflowing always so I will be constantly spilling over Your goodness and love over all those whom You will send into my life in order that they may be touched by Your love overflowing through me.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment