Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Psalm 9:2-3, 11-15, 19-21

DAILY MEDITATION:  Psalm 9:2-3, 11-15, 19-21

 

Psalm 9:2-3, 11-15, 19-21

Let my heart give thanks to the Lord, I yearn to proclaim your marvelous deeds, and rejoice and exult in you, and sing praise to your name, O Most High.
11 Those who cherish your name, O Lord, can rely on you, for you have never forsaken those who look to you.
12 Sing praises to the Lord enthroned in Zion, proclaim his deeds among the nations.
13 For he who avenges blood remembers, he does not ignore the cry of the lowly.
14 Have mercy on me, O Lord. See how they afflict me. Oh, lift me up from the gates of death, 15 that I may declare your praise, that I may rejoice in your salvation in the gates of Zion.
20 Rise, O Lord! Do not let mortals pre­vail; let the nations stand on trial be­fore you.
21 Bring terror, O Lord, strike at them; let these pagans realize that they are but humans.

My Beloved, the psalms are prayers of praise, thanksgiving, desperate pleas, heartfelt longings, expressions of love.  They express the length and breadth of human emotions and experiences.  They provide much pause for meditation and they reveal the heart and mind of an awesome, all-powerful, all good and righteous God whose nature is love.  I revel in this love.

No comments:

Post a Comment