Sunday, May 20, 2012

NOVENA TO THE HOLY SPIRIT - THIRD DAY - ROMANS 8:6-11, JOHN 14:16-17, 26-27

20TH MAY 2012
THE NAME, TITLES SYMBOLS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

ROMANS 8:6-11

The flesh tends towards sin, corruption and death, the Spirit towards life, beauty, goodness, love, light and truth.  The flesh can avail nothing good for it drags you down into its shallow, murky pool of desires that are a base and cheap counterfeit of truth and love.  The flesh is a drag on the spirit and the more one indulges the flesh, the darker is the night in the soul.  It becomes a prison that is joyless and stifling.  However, my own true Beloved, this is not true of me.  I have received Your own Holy Spirit who makes my body His holy temple, my heart His sanctuary.  He lives, moves and breathes in me.  The same Spirit that raised You from the dead has been given to me through the Sacraments.  These are the channels through which grace streams abundantly into my soul and as a consequence of this grace, I rise time and time again.   With the new life that is perennially mine through You, the flesh no longer rules me although I am sorely tempted every day.  It is Your Spirit dwelling in me my Beloved that makes me triumphant and although I may fall a 100 times a day I always rise up with the help of the grace that Your Spirit makes available to me.  Thank You.

JOHN 14:16-17, 26-27

My Beloved, You have asked the Father and He has given me the Helper who is with me always.  He inspires me, He comforts me and He strengthens me.  He helps me not to become discouraged when I fall and fail which is often, for He raises me up, wipes aways my tears, and encourages me to begin anew.  Yes my Beloved, I know Your Spirit lives, moves and has His Being in me.  He is Your most precious Gift to me.

Thank You for giving me the priceless gift of peace. In a world full of strife and temptation I have to wage a constant battle with my flesh but no my Beloved, I shall be neither troubled nor afraid for Your Spirit is with me always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment