Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Isaiah 43:1-5, 18-19, 22, Isaiah 44:1-2, 6, 8

DAILY INSPIRATION:  Isaiah 43:1-5, 18-19, 22, Isaiah 44:1-2, 6, 8


Isaiah 43:1-5, 18-19, 22, Isaiah 44:1-2, 6, 8
43       1 But now, thus says the Lord,
      who created you, Jacob,
who formed you, Israel:
Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you.
When you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through fire,
you will not be burned;
neither will the flames consume you.
For I am your savior,
I, the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel.
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.
Since you are precious in my sight,
and important – for I have loved you,
I give people in exchange for you
and nations in return for your life.
Fear not, for I am with you:
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.
 18 But do not dwell on the past,
or remember the things of old.
19 Look, I am doing a new thing:
now it springs forth.
Do you not see?
I am opening up a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.
 22 You have not called upon me, O Jacob,
indeed you were tired of me, O Israel;
44     1 But now listen, Jacob my servant,
      Israel whom I have chosen.
This is what the Lord says –
he who made you and will help you,
he who formed you from the womb:
Fear not, O Jacob my servant,
Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.
 This is what the Lord says –
Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord God:
I am the first and the last,
there is no other God besides me.
 Do not be afraid or troubled.
Have I not proclaimed
and foretold this long ago?
You are my witnesses;
is there a God besides me
or another Rock? I know of none.

My Beloved, I take comfort from all that You speak to me today.  I am devastated at the news B... has given me but I also believe in Your power.  Thank You for Your comfort and re-assurance in these beautiful Scripture verses.







No comments:

Post a Comment