Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Isaiah 50:4-9a, Psalm 69:8-10, 21-22, 31, 33-34, Matthew 26:14-25

Daily Holy Mass Readings:  Isaiah 50:4-9a, Psalm 69:8-10, 21-22, 31, 33-34,
                                                        Matthew 26:14-25


Isaiah 50:4-9a

Beloved Jesus, ours were the sufferings You bore,
Ours were the sorrows You carried.
You bear a punishment that bring us peace,
And by Your wounds we are healed.

Have pity on my friend B.... my Beloved and grant her healing in mind, body, soul and spirit.. Amen.

Psalm 69:8-10, 21-22, 31, 33-34

O God, when you went forth, when you led your people through the desert, the earth trembled, the heavens poured down rain, at the presence of God, the God of Israel.
10 Then you gave a rain of blessings to comfort your weary children.
21 Ours is a God who saves; our Lord lets us escape from death.
33 Sing to God, O kingdoms of the world; sing praises to the Lord, 34 to him who rides the ancient heavens and speaks in the voice of thunder.



Matthew 26:14-25

The wily, oily, black-hearted Judas is haggling with Your enemies and they settle on a final price acceptable to both parties.  The value they place on Your life is 30 pieces of silver - it is the price one pays for a slave.  For this paltry sum he was prepared to barter his soul to the devil - ultimately he valued the worth of his immortal soul at 30 pieces of silver.   Your Life is priceless but You took the place of a slave to teach us humility as well as to make no distinction between slave and master.

Have I ever acted as brazenly as Judas at any stage in my life my Beloved?  He sits at Your table, and shares the meal of friendship - the last of many he as shared with You.  He partakes of the Holy Eucharist given to Him by Your own hands and he eats and drinks damnation to himself for Scripture tells us that it was at this point that Satan entered into him.  

You prophesy that one of the 12 will betray You, You even say that it would have been better if Your betrayer had never been born.  Each of your disciples say, "Is it I Lord?"  even this brazen faced, villainous rogue had the gall to inquire, "You do not mean me Master?"  And when You confirmed it to his face, he was still not provoked to feel remorse and contrition.

Have I ever been like Judas Lord?  I pray that it isn't so.

Preserve me my Lord from the eternal death and damnation of my soul.  Keep me alive in Your mercy and love all the days of my life so that someday I may live eternally with You in heaven. 





No comments:

Post a Comment