Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Jonah 3:1-10, Psalm 51:3,4,12,13,18,19, Luke 10:29-32

Daily Holy Mass Readings:  Jonah 3:1-10, Psalm 51:3,4,12,13,18,19, 
                                                         Luke 10:29-32
GOD IS MY FATHER
 Jonah 3:1-10

" ---- Mine, do not be afraid to announce the message of Good news that I have given in you.  In obedience proclaim the truth without watering it down to make it palatable.  It may or may not cost you your friends - be prepared.  If people hear you and are saved you will rejoice with me and be glad.  If you are rejected rejoice even more for you undergo what I did.  I am a God of compassion I came not to destroy but to restore."

Psalm 51:3,4,12,13,18,19

My Beloved I thank You for the beautiful gift of the Sacrament of Reconciliation where You accept lovingly and compassionately the repentant sinner.  There You wash us in the Blood and Water that gushed forth from Your pierced side.  You gave us once more the joy of being restored to the family of God.  Take my sorrowful heart Lord and accept my contrite spirit.  Make me clean again. 

Luke 10:29-32

My Beloved, You are the sign for the times.  These are the last days when the Father  has spoken to us through You; revealing His unfathomable love for His  poor, weak, sinful creatures.  Yet many reject You - for the few who do accept You, many many more are indifferent, lethargic, unmoved by the love of God made manifest in You - His Beloved and ours.  We have crucified the Heir in the hope of killing the message of self-denial and suffering that come in the shape of a cross.  Truly greater than Jonah, the greatest love that ever was or ever shall be is here and the world snarls its indifference or is cold blooded in its apathy.  Have mercy Lord, have mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment