Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Isaiah 55:10-11, Psalm 34:4-7, 16-19, Matthew 6:7-15

Daily Holy Mass Readings: Isaiah 55:10-11, Psalm 34:4-7, 16-19, 
                                                       Matthew 6:7-15
GOD IS MY FATHER

Isaiah 55:10-11
 10 As the rain and the snow come down
from the heavens and do not return
till they have watered the earth,
making it yield seed for the sower
and food for others to eat,
11 so is my word that goes forth out of my mouth:
it will not return to me idle,
but it shall accomplish my will,
the purpose for which it has been sent.


This is my promise to you today.  All you need for your growth in holiness, I will provide.  Believe in My Word and act accordingly.


 Psalm 34:4-7, 16-19

 My Beloved may I magnify Your Holy Name all the days that are granted to me.  You have been my ever present help and consolation.  You have been my strength in times of sorrow.  You are the cause of my joy.  You have heard me each time I cried out to You and You  have reached down from heaven and held me until my sorrow eased and my burden lightened.  Yes, Beloved, Your gaze is always on me.  Help me in turn to keep my gaze fixed on You always.


Matthew 6:7-15

"---- Mine take comfort from the knowledge that your Father knows what you need even before you ask Him.  This is how You must pray.  Give glory and praise to God Almighty.  Acknowledge His holiness.  You have said that I am the Kingdom of heaven.  This is true, possessing Me, you possess the Kingdom.  Seek only to perfect God's most holy will in your life.  Do that which He commands in His Word and in the Church and you will never put a foot astray.  Pray for a hungry desire to make yourself available to eat the Bread of Life that is your at every Eucharist.  Satisfy your spiritual needs in this heavenly food and every other need will be satisfied.  Ask for forgiveness with a truly repentant and contrite heart, resolving never to offend the good God.  Forgive everyone who has hurt you from the heart, for as you know, only in the measure you forgive will you be forgiven.  Pray earnestly that you will not be tested beyond your ability to endure and that evil remain far away from you.  Let this be your constant prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment