Saturday, October 22, 2011

Psalm 45:11-12, Isaiah 62:4-5

Daily Inspiration: Psalm 45:11-12, Isaiah 62:4-5


Psalm 45:11-12
11 Listen, O daughter, pay attention;
forget your father’s house and your nation,
12 and your beauty will charm the King,
for he is your lord.

Isaiah 62:4-5

No longer will you be named Forsaken;
no longer will your land be called
Abandoned;
but you will be called My Delight
and your land Espoused.
For Yahweh delights in you
and will make your land his spouse.

My Beloved Lord, I opened Your Word this morning and my eye alighted on verses 11-12 of Psalm 45.  I read the beautiful words where God is addressing His daughter and exhorting her to listen, to hear, to pay attention.  He is asking her to forget the past and and all the old ties to past sinful relationships and to become aware of the wonderful new thing that He is going to do for her right now.  He goes on to say that the Holy Spirit adorns His daughter and makes her beautiful in the sight of the King.  The word of the Holy Spirit has enabled the daughter to charm the King of Kings Himself for He is the Bridegroom, Lord and Master of the daughter of the Most High God, this daughter whom He has claimed for Himself.

I did not believe that You intended these beautiful verses for me.  They seemed too extravagant for one like myself.  Between us Father, You know and I both know how undeserving I am.  So I opened Your Word again to look for some word of advice You might have for me this day  and lo and behold my eyes rested on Isaiah 62 verses 4 & 5.  Here again You use the most tender of names and You repeat that I am the bride of the Bridegroom.  How can I now doubt Beloved that the Triune God meant all these beautiful promises for me.

Despite the fact that I am a sinner, despite my sinful past and all my weaknesses and frailties, You continue to lavish Your grace on me.  You make me beautiful in Your sight.  I know Beloved that I deserve nothing but You choose to stoop over me, Your choose to forget how grievously I have sinned and wounded You in the past.  It is all forgotten.  You no longer remember, instead You call me, 'Your Delight,' You claim me as Your espoused.  You declare that God is delighted in me.  Your goodness and kindness, Your mercy and compassion have blotted out all my sins and I stand before You robed in my baptismal garment, in my wedding robe washed in Your Blood and restored to virginal purity.  It is You who have done this for me Beloved.  

I am Yours, yielded to You, my life is no longer my own it is Yours to do as You will with it.  I honor and worship You.  My heart is Yours, my adoration is Yours alone mighty God.  Thank You for Your loving kindness and generosity in raising me up.  I deserve none of it.  

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment