Sunday, October 23, 2011

Exodus 22:20-26, 1 Thessalonians 1:5-10, Matthew 22:34-40, Psalm 18:2-4, 47, 51

Daily Mass Readings:  Exodus 22:20-26, 1 Thessalonians 1:5-10,
                                 Matthew 22:34-40, Psalm 18:2-4, 47, 51
Exodus 22:20-26

My Beloved, I am called to be aware of the needs of the helpless.  I must not take advantage of their poverty or ignorance nor of their weakness.  Rather, I must uphold their rights and lend them all the help and support that I can.  Anything I do for these little ones Beloved, You will consider  done to You.

1 Thessalonians 1:5-10

verse 6......  on receiving the word, you expe­rienced the joy of the Holy Spirit  
verse 8 ...... from you the word of the Lord spread

My Beloved, I have experienced the joy of the Holy Spirit in turn I am called to spread the Word of God - the Good News in order that others too may believe and share the same joy of the Holy Spirit that I have experienced.

Matthew 22:34-40

verse 39.....  You shall love your neighbor as yourself

My Beloved, You  have summed up into two commandments all the 10 commandments given by God to Moses.  If I  obey these two then I would have obeyed them all as well.  Pour out Your Holy Spirit on me O Lord and also on Your Church and the world.  May all of us who know You love as You have loved and as You command us to love, in this way, Your Kingdom will be established on earth and You will rule  over Your people as our God and King forever.

Psalm 18:2-4, 47, 51

I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress,
my deliverer and my God.
He is the rock in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield, my powerful savior, my stronghold.
I call on the Lord, who is worthy of praise: he saves me from my enemies!
47 The Lord lives! Praised be my rock!
Exalted be my savior God –
 51 “He has given victories to his king;
he has shown his love to his anointed ones,
to David, and to his descendants forever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment