Sunday, October 23, 2011

John 12:24-26

Daily Meditation:  John 12:24-26


 John 12:24-26

24 Truly, I say to you, unless the grain of wheat falls to the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much fruit.
25 Those who love their life destroy it, and those who despise their life in this world keep it for everlasting life.
26 Whoever wants to serve me, let him follow me and wherever I am, there shall my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.

My Beloved, now You speak to me plainly.  I have said over and over again that I am all Yours.  Now You reveal to me that if I truly belong to You, if I am truly Your disciple, it is not a matter of lip service.  I am called to imitate You in the way You love, in the way You gave up Your life in order that I may live.  To be Your disciple must cost me my life in loving service to another.  I must be willing to make a total gift of myself even to the point of death, only then will the love that I claim to possess be effective. 

Today my Beloved everyone carefully guards and nurtures their physical life, all kinds of aids are  used to prolong life.   The world preaches that a life devoid of pain and suffering is the ideal that all should strive for.  The standard for the quality of individual lives is set by the dictates of the world and in the face of intense chronic suffering and pain, in the breaking down of physical and mental ability and debilitating sickness, the world declares that life becomes without meaning or value.  

The world speaks a language that is totally alien to Yours.  You have given us an example of how a disciple must live.  If I wish to serve You Beloved, I must follow the way of the Cross that leads to my passion and the death of self.  My life must be lived in total surrender to You alone, in this will I find life in abundance.  Where You are there I Your servant must be as well.  I must be found among those the world has forgotten.  In serving my neighbor I serve You no matter how small and inconsequential that service might seem, even if it only as small as a smile, a kindly sympathetic look, a gentle word, a tender touch of empathy and sympathy - all is pleasing to You.  In pleasing You I please the Father for He desires that all should love You, honor You and serve You and thus glorify God.

---- Mine if you truly want to love and serve Me, take the time to prepare well in order to make me known and loved by My little ones.


Beloved, with the help of Your Holy Spirit I will.  With Your help, strength and grace I shall strive to do as You Will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment