Monday, June 27, 2011

Isaiah 27:2-3, Genesis 18:16-33, Matthew 8:18-22, Psalm 103:1-4, 8-11

Daily Meditation:  Isaiah 27:2-3

Isaiah 27:2-3
On that day, he will say, “Praise my fruitful vineyard! I, Yahweh, am its keeper; I water it every moment. So that no one will harm it, day and night I guard it.”

Beloved, I am Yours, if I am faithful it is because You are the Gardener and You care for me night and day making sure that I receive all I need from the hands of an all powerful, loving and most generous God.  Thank You.

Daily Mass Readings:  Genesis 18:16-33, Matthew 8:18-22, 
                                Psalm 103:1-4, 8-11


Genesis 18:16-33

Beloved, we see in these verses that God is not only just but His justice is always tempered with love, mercy and compassion.  If we cry and plead and intercede for the world as Abraham did in verse 27, "I know that I am very bold to speak like this to my Lord, I who am only dust and ashes!" surely He will hear us as He heard Abraham.   Do not let Your world perish like Sodom and Gomorrah.

Matthew 8:18-22

My Beloved, all are invited to follow You but You tell us clearly what to expect.  You had no place to lay Your head and yet the whole world belongs to You.  You will not tolerate excuses either.  If we are called then we must be prepared to drop everything for the privilege of becoming Your disciples.  We can trust You to look after those we leave behind.  If God has a work for us to do, let us do it gladly and willingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment