Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mark 6:22, 23, 24, Genesis 19:15-29, Matthew 8:23-27, Psalm 26:2-3, 9-12

Daily Meditation:  Mark 6:22, 23, 24

Mark 6:22, 23, 24

. 22 ........ The king said to the girl, “Ask me for anything you want and I will give it to you.” 23 ........... “I will give you anything you ask, even half my king­dom.” 24 She went out to consult her mother, “What shall I ask for?”

The King of kings says to me, "Ask me for anything you want and I will give it to you."  I in turn say to Mother Mary, "Mama dearest, what shall I ask for?"  My Mama replies, "Ask to be possessed by the Spirit of my Son so that you may not belong to yourself again but to Him alone."

My Beloved Lord, send Your Holy Spirit upon me today and ask Him to possess me so completely that from this day forth, I will belong no longer to myself but to You through Him. Amen.

Daily Mass Readings: Genesis 19:15-29, Matthew 8:23-27, 
                                      Psalm 26:2-3, 9-12

Genesis 19:15-29

Beloved, once we have resolved to leave our old way of living behind and follow You, there is no turning back.  If we do, any progress we may have made in our spiritual journey would be hampered and we could be tempted
to return to our old ways.  Looking back with either regret or bitterness could render us immobile and we would make no progress on our spiritual journey.  Set me free Lord from the burdens of my past so I can walk calmly and confidently with You knowing I can trust my past, present and future to You. 

Matthew 8:23-27

My Beloved, I know that I belong to You and that my life is Yours ever since I gave it to You.  During the times when I do not feel Your Presence it does not mean that You are not with me.  I know You are.  Grant me serenity so that I may be confident in faith, knowing that feelings mean nothing and that You are truly present in me and with me whether I feel it or not.  May I never be afraid no matter how difficult life may get because I know that You Beloved are faithful.

Psalm 26:2-3, 11-12

Prove me, O Lord, put me to the test; examine my soul and my heart.
For your love is ever before my eyes,  and  I  live  in  truth  and  faith­ful­ness.
11 But I will walk in integrity, redeem me, O God, be gracious to me.
12 My foot stands firm in the straight path, I will praise you, O Lord, in your assemblies.

No comments:

Post a Comment