Sunday, June 26, 2011

Proverbs 9:5-6, Deuteronomy 8:2-3, 14-16, 1 Corinthians 10:16-17, John 6:51-58, Psalm 147:12-15, 19-20

Daily Meditation:  Proverbs 9:5-6

Proverbs 9:5-6
5 “Come, eat and drink of the bread and wine I have prepared. 6 Give up your foolishness and you will live; take the straight path of discernment.”

Beloved today the Church celebrates the feast of Corpus Christi, how appropriate it  is that You have given me these verses for my meditation today.   In this proverb You invite me to, come and eat of the bread and wine You have prepared.  Heavenly food and drink necessary to strengthen me on my journey from earth to heaven.  Without the Eucharist, Your Church would have either faded into oblivion or it would be exactly like any one of the many denominations today.  It would be a Church where the Holy Spirit was replaced by each ones own spirit and Holy Scripture would be subject to everyone's personal interpretation.  In the Father's wisdom  He ordained this Sacrament where together with the power of the Holy Spirit, ordinary bread and wine become Your most precious Body and Blood.  We sup at this Banquet of Love and are healed, renewed and strengthened.  


I am still foolish about many things with Your help may I give up any foolishness in thought and action only then I will  be able to discern Your will for me from moment to moment.  Thank You.

Daily Mass Readings: Deuteronomy 8:2-3, 14-16, 1 Corinthians 10:16-17
                              John 6:51-58, Psalm 147:12-15, 19-20

Deuteronomy 8:2-3, 14-16

You remind me that man does not live on bread alone but by every word that You speak - most especially the Eternal Word that proceeds from You.  Help me to overcome self and pride knowing that it is You alone who has set me free from the slavery and bondage of sin and selfishness.  You have led me faithfully all these years from the moment I was born. You have been with me through pain, tears and sorrows, You have consoled and fed me, You have helped me find sweetness in the midst of grief.  You feed me everyday in the Eucharist.  As I eat Your Body each day, may I become more and more like You.

1 Corinthians 10:16-17

Thank You Beloved for Your Body and Blood which every member eats and drinks.  Sharing the same Bread which is Your Body we are made one in You.  Give me a greater sensitivity and awareness of this truth.

John 6:51-58

Beloved, if every Christian read these verses with the light of the Holy Spirit they would all come running home to You in Your Church - the one You built on the Rock which is Peter.  It is indeed a tragedy that for many this is a hard saying.  Faith is lacking and so they are unable to grasp the simple truth of the words in these verses, "The bread that I shall give is my own flesh and I will give if for the life of the world."  Can it get any clearer than this.  It is no wonder that the world is in the state it is today because Christians do not possess the life that only You can give through the Eucharist.  Catholics too have fallen by the wayside because they refuse to come to the Banquet.  Have mercy on us Lord and open our hearts to the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment