Saturday, June 25, 2011

Acts 14:15 & 17, Genesis 18:1-15, Matthew 8:5-17, Luke 1: 46-50, 53-55

Daily Meditation:  Acts 14:15 & 17

Acts 14:15 & 17
15.........God who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and all that is in them 17.....has  never stopped making himself known; for he is continually doing good, giving you rain from heaven and fruitful seasons, providing you with food and filling your hearts with gladness.”

My Beloved, how can I thank You enough for all the blessing You have showered on me from the moment I was conceived?  Yes, there have been great sorrows at different in my life but You have been present most powerfully every time to take my hand and lead me through the dark and turbulent times and You have brought me safely to shore. Thank You for the joy that fills my life because of my knowledge of You.

Daily Mass Readings:   Genesis 18:1-15, Matthew 8:5-17, 
                                       Luke 1: 46-50, 53-55
 
Genesis 18:1-15

Beloved, there is much of significance in these verses and much to learn and practice.  Abraham was sitting at the entrance of his tent at midday as it was hot day.  What was he thinking of as he sat there?  He was an old man and so was his wife Sarah.  Was he musing on God's promise to him that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars, and here they were an old couple well beyond the prime of life and still childless?  How would God fulfill His promise - He had no doubt that God would be faithful, but he must have been musing about the 'when'  of the promise.  Looking up he found three Visitors who appeared to be passing by and he welcomed them joyously and wholeheartedly.    May my welcome also be like that of Abraham in verse 3, “My Lord, if I have found favor in your sight, do not pass your servant by."  May I always offer the best I have.  May I motivate those around me also to serve - Sara was sent to make cakes, the servant was instructed to take the finest calf and prepare it for the meal while he himself brought them cool, refreshing milk and cream.  Setting the meal that was prepared before his 'Guests', he himself stood at hand while they ate, ready to serve and offer them anything else they might need.  Abraham's reward was the promise of a son within the year.  Sarah laughed in secret as she was old and beyond the years of childbearing.  How often in the secret places of our heart we think we are either too old, too sick, too tired, bedridden and of no use; yet God can always do the impossible and work great things through those who are willing to offer themselves in total surrender to Him.

Matthew 8:5-17

Faith can be found in the most unexpected places.  Those who walked with Jesus and witnessed His miracles were always full of questions but this Roman Centurion who was considered an outsider, had heard of You and knew that You could only have come from God.  You had the power to command and You would be obeyed.  Even the forces of nature had to acquiesce to the power of Your Word. The Centurion's faith was rewarded as faith in You always is.  Thank You Beloved for bearing our infirmities and taking upon Yourself our guilt.

Luke 1: 53-54

53 He has filled the hungry with good things
but has sent the rich away empty.
54 He held out his hand to Israel, his servant,
for he remembered his mercy.

I am hungry for You Lord I know You will not deny me the gift of Yourself to feed my hunger and You will quench my thirst with the sweetness of  Your Holy Spirit.  Hold out Your hand to me always my Beloved, so I can reach for it when the road is rough, narrow and dangerous.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment