Saturday, June 25, 2011

Deuteronomy 5:10, Isaiah 49:1-6, Luke 1:57-66, 80, Psalm 139:1-3, 13-15

Daily Meditation:  Deuteronomy 5:10

Deuteronomy 5:10
10 But I am merciful to the thousandth generation to those who love me and obey my commandments.

To love You means that I am willing to do all You ask me do.  Love involves trust, surrender, faith, hope. Your Name is Love.  Your nature is love, Your work is love.  My response to Love  must be love.  I must always be willing like You and Mother Mary to say, "Not my will but Yours be done."  Grant  this grace to me my Lord today and always.  Your generous and merciful love promises that mercy will be experienced to all the generation who will come after me.

Daily Mass Readings: Isaiah 49:1-6, Luke 1:57-66, 80, Psalm 139:1-3, 13-15

Isaiah 49:1-6

Every baptized Christian has a mission to make God known to all the nations.  Wherever we go we must carry the Gospel message by the life we live.

Luke 1:57-66, 80

Every child that is conceived in it's mother's womb is born for a purpose - just like St. John the Baptist whose birthday is celebrated today.  There is a work that no one else can do.  It is a terrible thing when we get in the way of God's plan by snuffing out the little ones in their mothers' womb.  All those who carry out this murderous work beginning with those who have legitimized this cruel and outrageous atrocity, have stained their hands, their lives and the soil of the earth with the blood of these innocents. The voiceless and the helpless  have been robbed of their right to live because they have been sacrificed on the altar self.

Psalm 139:1-3, 13-15
O Lord, you know me:
you have scrutinized me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
beforehand you discern my thoughts.
You observe my activities and times of rest;
you are familiar with all my ways.

13 It was you who formed my inmost part
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I thank you for these wonders you have done,
and my heart praises you for your marvelous deeds.
15 Even my bones were known to you
when I was being formed in secret,
fashioned in the depths of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment