Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ezekiel 37:26-27, Zephaniah 3:14-18, (or Romans 12:9-16), Luke 1:39-56, Isaiah 12:2-6

Daily Meditation: Ezekiel 37:26-27

Ezekiel 37:26-27

26 I shall establish a covenant of peace with them, an everlasting covenant. I shall settle them and they will increase and I shall put my sanctuary in their midst forever. 27 I shall make my home at their side; I shall be their God and they will be my people.

Thank You my Beloved for the everlasting Covenant of Love that You assure me that You have made with us.  Thank You for Your reassuring promise that You will forever dwell in our midst.  You will make a sanctuary with us and You shall claim us for Yourself as Your people as You my Lord shall be our God.  I need nothing else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daily Mass Readings:  Zephaniah 3:14 -18, (or Romans 12:9-16), 
                                 Luke 1:39-56, Isaiah 12:2-6


Zephaniah 3:14-17

14 Cry out with joy, O daughter of Zion; rejoice, O people of Israel! Sing joyfully with all your heart, daughter of Jerusalem!
15 The Lord has lifted your sentence and has driven your enemies away. Yahweh, the King of Israel is with you; do not fear any misfortune.
16 On that day they will say to Jerusalem: Do not be afraid nor let your hands tremble, 17 for the Lord your God is within you, the Lord, saving warrior. He will jump for joy on seeing you, for he has revived his love. For you he will cry out with joy, as you do in the days of the Feast.

Today the Church celebrates the Feast of the Visitation of our Blessed Virgin Mary to her cousin Elizabeth.

Fairest of daughters, beloved Mother of the Son and immaculate spouse of the most Holy Spirit, Mother of God and Mother of His Church, today we celebrate the feast of the Visitation when you carried in your womb the Divine Babe, the Word of God made flesh, and made a holy pilgrimage to the house of your cousin Elizabeth.  There you served her for three months.  Come to our home too Mama, bring Jesus with you and bless our home always.  Make our home your own where Jesus reigns as our King and you as our Queen.

Luke 1:39-56

Mama dearest, thank you for your fiat that gave us so wonderful and generous a Redeemer.  You bring Jesus with you always, just as you did at the visitation and the wedding at Cana.  Where you are Jesus is and where Jesus is you are.  With Jesus is also the Father and the Holy Spirit so in your company, Mama we are in good company.

Your Magnificat is an all encompassing hymn praising the glory of God and contains, praise, humility, acknowledgment of God's graciousness and prophecy.  You give all honor and gory to God who is the Principal Actor in the work salvation.  All who believe will experience His greatness and goodness.  But the proud, the haughty and the one who refuses to believe will be routed.  A humble, trustful heart God will never spurn but He will acknowledge and help.  God comes to His people through Mary and He extends His hand to us, mindful of every promise that He has made.  Stay with us Mama, not just for a while but always.

Isaiah 12:2-3

He is the God of my salvation;
in him I trust and am not afraid,
The Lord is my strength: him I will praise,
the one who saved me.”
You will draw water with joy
from the very fountain of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment