Wednesday, January 24, 2024

ST. FRANCIS DE SALES, BISHOP & DOCTOR, WEDNESDAY OF WEEK 3 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

The seed is the word of God, Christ the sower;
whoever finds this seed will remain for ever. 


2 SAMUEL 7:4-17 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Often, like David, we want to do wonderful things for the Lord, but sometimes, good as these things we desire to do are, God has other plans for us and we must humble let go of the things we perceive as good for the things that You O Lord, desire of us. In this submission to the divine will is our peace and our joy.

Your Covenant O Lord and all Your promises are eternal. We can always trust the Church that You founded and where You dwell in fullness, to lead us, guide us, protect us, feed us and strengthen us. You O Lord have fulfilled the prophecy made by the prophet Nathan: I will preserve the offspring of your body after you and make his sovereignty secure. (It is he who shall build a house for my name, and I will make his royal throne secure for ever.) I will be a father to him and he a son to me....

Thank You, Beloved, that the Father has chosen me in You to belong to the family of God. Thank You, that I am a member of Your mystical body, the Church and because I am a member of Your Body, the Church, I am privileged to call God Father for in You we are His adopted children and co-heirs with You to the Kingdom. 

PSALM 88(89):4-5,27-30 ©

I have made a covenant with my chosen one,
I have sworn to David my servant:
I will establish your dynasty for ever
and set up your throne through all ages.

He will say to me: You are my father,
my God, the rock who saves me.
And I will make him my first-born,
the highest of the kings of the earth.

I will keep my love for him always;
with him my covenant shall last.
I will establish his dynasty for ever,
make his throne endure as the heavens.

I will keep my love for him always.

MARK 4:1-20 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

This parable of the Sower and the Seed is the story of my journey from infancy, childhood, youth, adulthood and now the evening years of my life. Having received the good seed of God's Word I have not always responded to as I ought. 

Thank You, Lord, for never giving up on me. Thank You for ceaselessly pursuing me and revealing Your unfathomable love for me. Thank You for loving me even when I rejected You and turned my face from You choosing rather the pleasures of the world than the unsurpassable joys and treasures of heaven.

At last, O Lord, I know that only in You is there lasting joy and peace. Even in the midst of heartache, heartbreak, grief, and sorrow You are the Rock on which I am anchored and I am finally at peace. Grant me this grace O Lord, to align my will to Your in all things always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment