Saturday, January 27, 2024

SATURDAY OF WEEK THREE IN ORDINARY TIME - 2-24

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son:
everyone who believes in him has eternal life. JN 3:16


2 SAMUEL 12:1-7,10-17 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

You so love the poor that anyone, especially the rich and the powerful who take by force what belongs to those who have little the wrath of God stirs mightily against them as it did when David stole Uriah's wife Bathsheba. 

David was supposed to be on the battlefield with his men but chose to stay behind in his palace and was idle this is when he was tempted to sin and he gave in to it. One sin led to another and each sin was graver than the last until David committed murder against an innocent man. 

Beloved, we are often outraged by the sins of others but are oblivious to our own, even greater sins. This passage highlights the consequences of our actions. We cannot sin with compunction. David's firstborn son died just as God said he would and despite all David's prayers and fasting his son died. No matter how bitterly we repent there are always consequences that we will suffer for our gravely sinful actions.

Thank You, Father, for the Blood of the Lamb and for the price that Your Son paid for our redemption.

Thank You, my Beloved, for paying the price for me. Keep me from grave sin and should I have the misfortune to fall grant me the grace of true repentance and forgiveness of all my sins in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

PSALM 50(51):12-17 ©

A pure heart create for me, O God,
put a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from your presence,
nor deprive me of your holy spirit.

Give me again the joy of your help;
with a spirit of fervour sustain me,
that I may teach transgressors your ways
and sinners may return to you.

O rescue me, God, my helper,
and my tongue shall ring out your goodness.
O Lord, open my lips
and my mouth shall declare your praise.

A pure heart create for me, O God.

MARK 4:35-41 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Today, in another season of suffering that has entered my life, You speak to me and say, ‘Quiet now! Be calm!’ You gentle the tumult of my emotions, my anxieties and fears and the fury of the tempest within me ceases and all is still for You, O Lord, are with me as You have always been. In all the trials of my life, You have never abandoned me and even now Lord You encourage me, strengthen me, and give me the fortitude I need, the patience that is often required during this difficult time.

You are the Lord our God and by Your Word all that is came to be. I trust You to take me safely through this harrowing season of my life, once again to safe harbor. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, I trust You. Thank You for never leaving me, never abandoning me, and for always reminding me that I am Yours now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment