Thursday, January 30, 2020

Thursday of the Third Week in Ordinary Time

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


A lamp to my feet is your word,
a light to my path. Ps 119:105



2 SAMUEL 7:18-19, 24-29
PSALM 132:1-2, 3-5, 11, 12, 13-14
MARK 4:21-25


2 SAMUEL 7:18-19, 24-29

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Today's reading from the prophet Samuel shines a powerful light on Your promises which are eternal and are visible to all who have eyes to see. 

When we look at Israel today we see the seed of the eternal and irrevocable promises first made to the chosen people of God, and there is the fulfillment of every one of those eternal promises in the one, holy, catholic and apostolic church You founded.

King David's words to God is the prayer of Your Church and is made by every member of Your Body. It is Your life and Your Spirit that is poured into us and grace upon grace is poured out upon us because we are Yours in time and in eternity.

"Lord GOD, you are God and your words are truth;
you have made this generous promise to your servant.
Do, then, bless the house of your servant
that it may be before you forever;
for you, Lord GOD, have promised,
and by your blessing the house of your servant
shall be blessed forever.”



PSALM 132:1-2, 3-5, 11, 12, 13-14

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

The only home, the only sanctuary that pleases You and where You delight to dwell in is in the heart of those who know You; a humble, loving heart that seeks to do Your will in all things.

Thank You for making my heart Your resting place. Thank You for the privilege of receiving You in Holy Communion and for making me one with You enjoying the same union  when I am with You in eternity,





No comments:

Post a Comment