Thursday, December 5, 2019

Thursday of the First Week of Advent

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 55:6
Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call him while he is near.


ISAIAH 26:1-6
PSALM 118:1 AND 8-9, 19-21, 25-27A
MATTHEW 7:21, 24-27


ISAIAH 26:1-6

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

I thank You for the confidence that I have in Your Church. Within her walls, I am safe from the Enemy. I thank You for our Pontiff and the Magisterium who safeguard the eternal, unchangeable, irrevocable truths that You have revealed. No power on earth, nor demons can break down her gates. She is invincible for she has You as her protector and her Bridegroom. Many will try, many have tried from the moment that You established her and will continue to do so vainly until You return.

From generation to generation we are reminded to place our trust in the Lord who is eternal. A God of peace and justice who will crush the proud and will raise up the lowly and humble of heart. 


PSALM 118:1 AND 8-9, 19-21, 25-27A

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Too often in the past, I have put my trust in people and have been crushingly disappointed. I had to learn through bitter experience that You alone are the One I must run to, turn to for help, for You are my refuge, my strength, and my high tower. People fail me all the time but You never fail me or let me down.

Thank You for the hope I have in You. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for answering me every time I called and for giving me all I need always. Truly, Your grace is sufficient to take me through every obstacle both temporal and spiritual.

Thank You for Your Light and Your Life that is alive within me. My prayer today and always is, 'Stay with me Beloved to the end.'


MATTHEW 7:21, 24-27

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

I know that You abhor hypocrites. We tend to pull the wool over people's eyes pretending to be what we are not but we cannot fool You.

We can stand where everyone can see us and trumpet our good deeds in order to impress people. We can make a great show of our piety and beat our breast in feigned humility so we are judged to be better than we actually are. But today You tell us that only those who do the will of Your Father in heaven will enter the Kingdom of heaven. 

Today You invite us to build our house on the solid rock of Your Word proclaimed by the Church You founded which is the pillar and foundation of truth, so we can stand firm no matter how devastating the storm that rages around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment