Monday, December 9, 2019

Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Luke 1:18
Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you;
blessed are you among women.


GENESIS 3:9-15, 20
PSALM 98:1, 2-3AB, 3CD-4
EPHESIANS 1:3-6, 11-12
LUKE 1:26-38


GENESIS 3:9-15, 20

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

"Where are you?" When You call me will I be afraid and hide like Adam and Eve or will I come gladly and confidently into Your Presence?

As an infant, I was washed clean in the water of Baptism and clothed in the virtues. Since then I have soiled my soul often and hidden from You, aware that I preferred to wallow in mire rather than discipline my will and my flesh. I am truly thankful and grateful to the grace You grant me to come to You repentant and contrite of heart in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Thank You for the awareness when I am filthy and naked that mercy and forgiveness are gladly and readily mine in Confession.

I know my weaknesses are legion and that I will continue to be tempted until I draw my last breath but I also know that in You there is no condemnation. No matter how often I fall because of the inherent weakness passed on to me, I will always receive forgiveness, mercy, and pardon when I come to You with a humble and contrite heart.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.


PSALM 98:1, 2-3AB, 3CD-4

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

If the world does not know You, if the world is not alive to the marvels that God has done for us in and through You, if the world is not on fire and exultant with praise and thanksgiving because we have been rescued from the deadly vise of sin, then this is because we who believe are silent.

It is time to wake up, to stir up the Spirit that is given to us, it is time to rise up and go out into the world as You have commanded us and to proclaim the Good News from the rooftops. God is with us and has set us free from slavery to the world, the flesh, and the devil.


EPHESIANS 1:3-6, 11-12

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

I am chosen, I am blessed, I am called, I am given a name that proclaims my adoption into the family of God. I dare to call Your Father, my Father. Your Mother is my Mother, all the saints in heaven, in Purgatory and on earth are my brothers and sisters. I am baptized and the irrevocable mark on my soul confirms that I belong to God.

I have access to all the heavenly treasures and graces through You, my Lord, and Savior for You desire to share with me, unworthy though I am, all that You have received from Your Father.

Thank You, my Lord and my God.



No comments:

Post a Comment