Saturday, November 30, 2019

Feast of Saint Andrew, Apostle

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Mt 4:19
Come after me, says the Lord,
and I will make you fishers of men.



Romans 10:9-18
Psalm 19:8-11
Matthew 4:18-22


Romans 10:9-18

My Love, Soul of my soul,

St. Paul says, "For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved." It has also been said that out of the fullness of the heart the mouth speaks. The greatest most glorious truth of our faith is that God raised You from the dead and all who make this act of faith can confidently hope to share in Your Resurrection.

The whole of mankind no matter what the circumstances of their lives, every man, woman, and child on the face of this earth who calls upon the Name that is above every other name, will be saved.

All this is beautiful Beloved, but St. Paul reminds us that not everyone knows of You, not everyone can call on Your Name, unless someone is willing to go out into the world to preach the Good News. Today, we give thanks for St. Andrew Apostle and Martyr and for the pantheon of missionary saints who took the Gospel seriously and cared enough for the salvation of their brothers and sisters to lay down their lives in imitation of You in order that those in ignorance could be saved.

Grant me the grace today to do my part, no matter how small and humble it may be, to spread the Light of the Word where I am. Thank You.


Psalm 19:8-11

My Love, Soul of my soul,

The Law of the Lord enables us to keep our feet firmly on the road that leads to the Kingdom of God. It is hard Beloved, temptations abound, and although the spirit is willing, the flesh is so abjectly weak.

Thank You for Your grace that is available bountifully in all the Sacraments. Thank You for that most comforting of all Sacraments, the Sacrament of Reconciliation, that makes it possible for us to receive You in the most sublime of Sacraments, the Holy Eucharist, in a state of grace.

All glory, praise, and honor to You my Lord and my God who makes it always possible for the sinner to begin anew.


Matthew 4:18-22

My Love, Soul of my soul,

The invitation You extended to Peter and Andrew is also extended to me, "Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men." And each time I hear You my response must be like theirs, I must leave all the busyness of the world aside and follow You. So many, having heard Your invitation left everything behind, family, friends, the familiar, the loved and taking a leap of faith followed You. You are the Pearl of Great Price everything in the world is well lost in order to possess You.

No comments:

Post a Comment