Friday, November 29, 2019

Friday of the Thirty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time

DAILY READING

Luke 21-28
Stand erect and raise your heads
because your redemption is at hand.



Daniel 7:2-14
Daniel 3:75-81
Luke 21:29-33


Daniel 7:2-14

My Love, Soul of my soul,

I too belong to those in the world that so easily slides down the slippery slope of evil. I know now without a shadow of a doubt that when I take my hand away from Yours I lack the will and the strength to keep from taking the wide and easy road that leads to despair, doom, and death.

Every evil beast has been let loose in the world and the weak, the timid, the Godless do not stand a chance against the terrifying winds that seek to destroy everything that dares to oppose it.

Thank You, Beloved, for the hope that we are given that finally, You will prevail. Grant me the grace to remain faithful to the end for You know even better than I how easily I fall when I am drawn into the vortex of sin. 

I know I am saved for You, who love me more than I can know or deserve, died for me and I am numbered among those that are saved. To You has been given everlasting dominion and You my Lord whose kingship will never be destroyed; will ensure that I who cling to You because I am weak and will not make it on my own will be saved.

Daniel 3:75-81

My Love, Soul of my soul,

May every breath I breathe praise and bless You along with all of creation for You are worthy of praise. May my soul exalt You all the days of my life. May I be one with every soul that lives to please You, honor You, worship You, adore You, and glorify You. May I never stop to give You homage and to thank You for all You are and all You have done. Above all thank You for creating me and for the hope that someday I will be taken up into Your glory where I will join the angels and the saints to sing Your praises eternally.


Luke 21:29-33

My Love, Soul of my soul,

Thank You for the assurance that Your Word is eternal and that we can place all our hope and trust in Your Word which never fails to accomplish all that it says it will.

The Kingdom of God is near, it is in the world, it is in the Church You established, it is in my heart. For this Word and this Promise my Beloved, thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment