Friday, June 28, 2019

Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus - Reflection

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Take my yoke upon you, says the Lord,
and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart. 

Mt 11:29AB

Ezekiel 34:11-16, Psalm 23:1-6, Romans 5:5B-11,
Luke 15:3-7

Ezekiel 34:11-16

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Father sent You into the world as the Good Shepherd to look after His wayward sheep. We are as silly as sheep. We stray, we wander off, we are too stupid to stay with the flock so we become prey for predators who lurk in the shadows waiting until we are vulnerable and open to attack. 

You are the Good Shepherd who lay down His life for us. You are the Good Shepherd who keeps us safe in Your love. You are the Good Sheperd who thinks nothing of leaving the rest of the sheep in order to look for the one that has strayed and could be lost. You have a tender, compassionate, loving Heart who loves too much to permit the loss of even one sheep who belongs in the fold.

Thank You for founding the Church. Thank You for leaving within her the fullness of the faith and the Sacraments that she administers to us which enable us to live a life of grace.

Psalm 23:1-6

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank and praise You for calling me from darkness into Your own marvelous Light. Thank You for not permitting me to wallow in sin but for always calling me back to repentance and to a life of grace.

Thank You for feeding me with Your own Body and Blood. Thank You for the Sacrament of Reconciliation where You wash me clean of all my sins and help me to begin anew.

Thank You for hope that never ends. Thank You for the wonderful destiny that awaits me at the end of this life on earth.  Thank You for making Yourself always available to me for You are closer to me than my breath.

Thank You for never abandoning me even when I ran away from You and hid from You. Thank You for never giving up on me but for pursuing me until I could flee no longer once I realized that I have no life apart from You.

Thank You for Your Sacred Heart which is my refuge, my hope, and the place of my rest.


Romans 5:5B-11

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

St. Paul tells us in his letter to the Romans that the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit. When God gives He knows no other way of giving than to give lavishly, completely, generously, unstintingly. He gives without measure. We know this because we know that He sent You into the world to reveal to us this love that He has for us unworthy though we are.

Thank You, Beloved, for Your perfect love for the Father that consented to do for us what we could not do for ourselves. Thank You for becoming the Bridge that made it possible for us to return back to the Father's House. Thank You for becoming the Way. Thank You for the Life we receive through Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for revealing the Truth to us that faith in You saves us. And above all, we thank God for the free gift of faith in You in Baptism. We did not choose You but God in His infinite goodness and mercy chose us to be grafted to You. Thank You that in the Church we receive the rich graces that make it possible for us to choose the right, the true, the good, and the beautiful even though we are often tempted by the wiles of the Enemy. Keep us safe, Beloved, to the end.


Luke 15:3-7

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

How often in my long, sinful, life I have been that one foolish, stupid sheep that left the fold in order to follow the siren call of sin. How often I have gone against the dictates of my conscience and deliberately and willfully chosen to sin. How often I chose to go off to a distant land and there indulge in a life of the senses until my spirit lost all joy and light. And how often Beloved, You sought me and tenderly wooed me back to a life of love and grace. You rejoiced over Me. You have always loved me and You have always given me all that is good and perfect. Thank You for blessing me abundantly always far more than I have ever deserved.

Keep me safe in Your love my Beloved until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment