Thursday, May 2, 2019

Acts 5:27-33, Psalm 34:2, 9, 17-20, John 3:31-26

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Memorial of St. Athanasius, Bishop and Doctor of the Church  

You believe in me, Thomas, because you have seen me, says the Lord; blessed are those who have not seen, but still believe!
Jn20:29


Acts 5:27-33, Psalm 34:2, 9, 17-20, John 3:31-26


Acts 5:27-33

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You prepared Your Apostles and disciples of the fate that awaited them once they began to teach and preach the Good News of salvation. They were dragged before the Sanhedrin questioned and threatened. But You also assured them that they need not be afraid for the Holy Spirit would fill them with courage and give them words of boldness to stand up against their persecutors and so it was then as it is now. 

Peter and the Apostles were unafraid before the high priest who questioned them and had warned them to stop teaching against Your Name. But they replied, "We must obey God rather than men." They accused those in authority of putting You to death by crucifixion but God raised You up as Leader and Savior. Belief in Christ alone can bring repentance and forgiveness of sin. Filled with the same murderous rage with which they plotted and carried out Your death they wanted to put the Apostles to death too.

Nothing has changed in all this time my Beloved, even to this day those who boldly witness to the Truth that You are the only Savior whose Worth and Authority must be obeyed are persecuted, imprisoned, tortured, and put to death. Keep us faithful and unafraid to the end. 


Psalm 34:2, 9, 17-20

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I have tasted Your goodness in the Holy Eucharist and I continue to be blessed abundantly each time I receive You. How good it is to have You as my refuge and my hiding place. In You, I am safe from the wiles of the Enemy who seeks actively to destroy my peace that comes from You.

Thank You for hearing my cry for help and for reaching out to me and comforting me. Thank You for strengthening me. Without Your help, I would have been lost a long time ago.

Thank You for comforting me. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for rescuing me. Thank You for always being my Deliverer. Thank You for the Gift of Your Holy Spirit. 


John 3:31-26

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

From all eternity You and the Father are One in the Love of the Holy Spirit. You were sent by the Father to heal and save a sinful, hurting, broken, lost world. You only said and did that which You have seen and heard Your Father do and say. 

We believe Beloved, and believing we are saved. You have poured Your gifts upon us through the Holy Spirit. You have saved and redeemed us by the outpouring of Your Life on us. We are all born of God and when we believe in You we become children of God and heirs with You to the Kingdom of God.

To You has the Father given all authority, all power, all glory. You are seated at His right hand as the righteous judge. Eternal life is granted to anyone who believes in You and obeys Your Word. Your Word is Spirit, Truth, and Life. Thank You for the gift of faith received at my Baptism that enables me to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment