Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Acts 16:22-34, Psalm 138:1-3, 7-9, John 16:5-11

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Tuesday of the Sixth Week of Easter

I will send to you the Spirit of truth, says the Lord;
he will guide you to all truth. Jn 16:7, 13

Acts 16:22-34, Psalm 138:1-3, 7-9, John 16:5-11


Acts 16:22-34

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You have warned us and prepared us to expect persecution if we live as strangers to the world. The Apostles, Paul, and countless others since then have suffered for the sake of the Gospel and this continues to this day as well. Paul and all those who have suffered for the sake of Your Name rejoiced to be counted worthy of suffering. Grant O Lord, that when I am called to endure a little pain because I am a member of Your Body, may I suffer gladly and rejoice.

When we are humble, gentle, and patient even when we are treated unjustly, it is a powerful witness to Love. Just as the jailor and his family members were baptized so also many will long to have the abiding joy we have if we are faithful to the Word.


Psalm 138:1-3, 7-9

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

How wonderfully the psalmist expresses himself when he sings Your praise. His hear is full of joy and thanksgiving. Gratitude for all You have done overflows from his heart and nothing gives him greater joy than to come into Your House and give thanks to Your Name that is above every other.

We have all experienced Your loving kindness, Beloved. You are true to Your Word, You keep every one of Your promises. Before we call You are already beside us and answer us. You give us strength each day as we journey from this life to the next. 

How marvellous is our God, the Father, who loved so much that He sent You to save us. How great is our God and how worthy of praise. Thank You, Beloved. May I never fail to thank You for Your kindness to me and may I never do anything that will sever my relationship with You. Amen.


John 16:5-11

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Today I offer You grateful thanksgiving for all You have done for me and for those I love.

Thank You for answering all my prayers. Thank You for the Gift of Yourself to me in the Sacraments especially the Holy Eucharist. 

Thank You, for the awesome Gift of the Holy Spirit who abides in me and makes His home in my poor, unworthy heart.

Thank You for showing us the Way to the Father's House, thank You for the Life of Grace through the Holy Spirit. Thank You for revealing the Truth embodied in You so we will always have the Light of Truth to illumine our life.

All glory, praise, and honour to You, Lord, Jesus Christ, now and always. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment