Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Acts 14:19-28, Psalm 145:10-14AB, 21, John 14:27-31A

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Tuesday of the Fifth Week of Easter

Christ had to suffer and to rise from the dead,
and so enter into his glory. Luke 24:46, 26


Acts 14:19-28, Psalm 145:10-14AB, 21, John 14:27-31A


Acts 14:19-28

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

There will always be those in the world who will work on the side of Evil. But You have assured the Church that those who work to bring about the Kingdom of God on earth, although they will face difficulties, hardship, persecution, and even perhaps death, You will be with them and You will strengthen them. So it is with Paul. He suffered greatly for the sake of the Gospel but he remained faithful to the end.

What a great consolation it would have been for Paul and his companions as well as to the early Church when he reported to them all the wonderful things that God had done for them and through them. 

Grant O Lord, that I too remain faithful in doing the little things that You have entrusted to me. And may I too give You glory always.


Psalm 145:10-14AB, 21

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

May all I say and do give You glory. May I never fail to give You thanks and to praise You for all the many blessings You constantly shower over me and those I love. May I never cease to give You glory for every answered prayer even if the answer is not as I would have wished.

May I remain faithful to the end and may I give faithful witness to Your love to the end. Amen.


John 14:27-31A

My Love, Beloved of my souls,

You made known to Your disciples everything that would happen and what they could expect and yet they did not understand. They failed You over and over again because they did not recall that You had already told them what would happen and why it was necessary for You to suffer.

How often Beloved, I too am like the disciples. I am swayed by the ruler of the world even though I know the end of the story. I know what is expected of me and what is required of me as Your follower and I still forget and do things my way.

Grant me the grace to ask for the help of the Holy Spirit always so He may inspire me to do what I ought always. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment