Thursday, May 16, 2019

Acts 13:13-25, Psalm 89:2-3, 21-22, 25, 27, John 13:16-20

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Thursday of the Fourth Week of Easter


Jesus Christ, you are the faithful witness,
the firstborn of the dead, you have loved us and
 freed us from our sins by your Blood. Rev 1:5AB

Acts 13:13-25, Psalm 89:2-3, 21-22, 25, 27, 
John 13:16-20

Acts 13:13-25

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

How clearly and succinctly Paul explains to the people that You are the One that the world was waiting for especially the Jews. Everything ever prophesied about the Messiah was fulfilled in You. You are the Answer to every promise made by God and yet many refused to believe.

Without faith, it is impossible to believe no matter how convincing the words are. Great signs and wonders by the Apostles in Your mighty Name moved many to believe the teachings of the Apostles but there were also many who went away untouched and unmoved. This is why we know that it is all grace. And those who do believe must know that it is the work of the Holy Spirit and faith is a glorious gift from God. May we never take it for granted. We are privileged not only to believe but to eat the Flesh and drink the Blood of our God and receive, just as You promised, life for our soul.


Psalm 89:2-3, 21-22, 25, 27

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

May I never take for granted all Your goodness and kindness to me who are least deserving of all Your bounty. How good and kind You are Beloved. You know how weak I am. How I shrink at the first sign of trouble. How easily I am distressed and how sadly my spirit droops when I am called to suffer. You never try me beyond my ability to endure.

Grant me this grace my Beloved, to sing Your praises and tell of Your goodness to all who come to me asking for help and for prayers. I know You are faithful. I have experienced Your faithfulness and loving kindness all my days. May my mouth be filled with Your praise and my heart and spirit never cease to be filled with thanksgiving and gratitude for all You have done for me and mine.

Thank You, my Lord and my God. 

John 13:16-20

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You know how bitter and angry we get when someone we know and love turns against us. But You show us a better way. From the first, You knew that Judas who was numbered among Your closest friends would betray You. You could no easily have chosen another. But He was loved by You, He was included in the close circle of the Twelve. He was given the same opportunities as the rest to know You, love You, and to become a great Saint. 

Not everyone who encounters You believes. That is the tragedy of so many. Without faith and without grace it is impossible to know You and love You.

Pour this grace upon the world my Lord so all of can come to know and believe and all may come to the knowledge of truth and be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment