Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Acts 12:24----13:5A, Psalm 67:2-3, 5-6, 8, John 12:44-50

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Easter

I am the light of the world, says the Lord;
whoever follows me will have the light of life. Jn 8:12

Acts 12:24----13:5A, Psalm 67:2-3, 5-6, 8, 
John 12:44-50

Acts 12:24----13:5A

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Word of God an only spread and grow when we are familiar with it. When it is food and drink in our lives. If we are ignorant of the Word how can we be used for Your glory?

The Apostles preached and taught with conviction, with passion, with vision, and with great physical and spiritual signs and wonders, so many came to believe in the Truth and were saved.

The early Church was docile to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. They did nothing without fasting and prayer to discern His will in their mission and ministry of preaching the Gospel. They were faithful and committed to the work that was entrusted to them despite hardship and persecution. 

Grant us the same zeal through the power of Your Holy Spirit so we too may be faithful and zealous in spreading Your Word always by the example of our lives.


Psalm 67:2-3, 5-6, 8

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You are a God of great mercy and compassion. You created us and You know how sin has weakened us and how prone we fall for the wiles of the Enemy.

Have pity on me, Beloved, let Your Face shine on me all the days of my life. Hold me up by the power of Your mighty hand so I may do all things in Your strength for I have none of my own.

You are my joy, my peace, my comfort. Stay with me Lord and grant me all the grace I need to live a life that is always pleasing to You. May my life be one of endless praise and thanksgiving to You in grateful recognition of all that You are and do for me. Thank You.


John 12:44-50

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You came because the Father sent You. You said and did all that the Father asked You to and You did it faithfully. To do the will of the Father was everything to You and You did nothing on Your own.

You were given the words of Life in order that we may hear, believe, and live. We believe in You, Beloved, we believe that the Father sent You. We believe that You have the words of Eternal Life and if we receive You the Gift of the Spirit and of Eternal Life is ours.

Thank You, Father, for sending us Your Son not to condemn it but to save it. Thank You for so glorious a Savior and Redeemer. Thank You, Beloved, for the awesome Gift of the Holy Spirit and for the Life we receive through Him.

Keep me faithful to the end. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment